Chemistry -Important Question Bank for JKBOSE (Summer Zone & Winter Zone) HSC Examination 2016
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC JKBOSE Jammu and Kashmir exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Chemistry A – Important Questions Bank for Jammu and Kashmir JKBOSE HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
Long Questions Marks 5:
1.What is solubility? Explain the effect of temperature and pressure on the solubility of gases in liquids.
2. What is colligative property? How is the molecular mass of a solute calculated from elevation in boiling point? 1 gms of a non-electrolyte solute dissolved in 50g of benzene lowered the freezing point of benzene by 0.40 K. The Kb value of benzene 5.12 KKgmol-1. Find the molar mass of the solute.
3. Why molar conductivity of weak electrolytes cannot be calculated from extrapolation method? Explain how the molar conductivity of weak electrolytes is calculated from Kohlrauch’s law?
4. Depict a galvanic cell in which the reaction is
Zn(s) + Cu2+(aq) ⇒ Zn2+(aq) + Cu(s)
i. Which of the electrodes is negatively charged?
ii.What are the carriers of current in the cell?
iii. What is the individual reaction at each electrode?
vi. What are the functions of salt bridge?
5. Name the oxoacids of Phosphorus. Predict their basicity form their structure. Which of the two H3PO3 and H3PO4 is stronger?
6. What are interhalogens? How are they produced? Give the structure of IF7.
7. How will you distinguish between?
i. Ethanol and acetone
ii. acetaldehyde and benzaldehyde
iii. Tollen’s and Fehling’s test?
8. Describe the following.
i. Cannizaro’s reaction
ii. Aldol condensation
iii. Cross Aldol condensation
Short Questions Marks 3:
9. In a solid, there is defect due to missing of equal number of opposite ions from normal lattice site.
i. Which type of point defect is it?
ii. What are the effects of this defect on the density and stability of such solids?
iii. Name a solid which can have such defect.
10. What is meant by reaction rate? Give symbolic expression and units for the reaction
CO (g) + NO2 (g) ⇒ CO2 (g) + NO(g)
11. Write the hybridization and also draw the molecular structure of following.
XeF2, XeF4, XeF6
12. Briefly describe Freundlich adsorption isotherm.
13. How pure alumina is prepared form bauxite in Baeyer’s process? Give the reaction of each step.
14. Atomic radius of Cu is greater than Cr but ionic radius of Cr2+ is greater than Cu2+. Why?
15. How will you distinguish between 10, 20 and 30 alcohols by Victor Meyer’s method?
16. Amines are basic in nature. Justify.
Very Short questions Mark 2:
17. Freons cause destruction of ozone layer. Explain.
18. Why CN– and SCN– are known as Ambidient ligands? What type of isomerism is caused by such ligands?
19. Give cyclisation of Glucose.
20. What are fat soluble and water soluble vitamins?
21. Explain SN2 mechanism in alkyl halides.
22. What happens to natural rubber when it is heated with sulphur? What is the process known as?
23. What are antibiotics and antipyretics? Give Example?
24. What is lanthanide contraction? How it is caused?
25. What is CMC?
26. What is the effect of mechanical pressure on a piezoelectric crystal?
27. Give the units of zero order reaction.
28. Give the reaction for converting acid chlorides to corresponding aldehydes. Name the reaction.
29. Name one biodegradable polymer.
30. What is the coordination number of central metal atom in [Fe (C2O4)3]3-
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read : MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.