Physics ii – Important Question Bank for JKBOSE (Summer Zone & Winter Zone) HSC Examination 2016
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC JKBOSE Jammu and Kashmir exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Physics ii – Important Questions Bank for Jammu and Kashmir JKBOSE HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
Long Question Mark 5:
1.Derive mirror formula/lens formula for a concave lens/convex mirror / lens/ state the sign conventions used.
2. Derive lens markers formula for a thin convex lens. State the sign conventions and assumptions used.
3. Define interference of light. Describe Young’s double slit experiment to obtain fringe width in case of interference pattern.
4. State the basic postulates of Bohr’s theory of atomic spectra. Derive am expression for the radius and energy of an electron in the nth orbit of a hydrogen atom?
5. Explain mass defect, binding energy and binding energy per nucleon. Discuss graphically the variation of binding energy per nucleon with mass number.
6. Describe Davison and Germer experiment to establish the wave nature of electron.
7. Define photoelectric effect. Establish Einstein’s photoelectric equation. Hence, explain law of photoelectric emission on the basis of this equation.
8. Discuss energy band theory of solids, hence; classify solids in to conductor, insulators and semiconductors.
9. Define rectification. Explain how a pn junction diode is used a half wave and full wave rectifiers.
Short Question Mark 3:
10. Define polarization. Explain Brewster’s law.
11. Write down the radioactive disintegration law in mathematical form. Hence, half life period of a radioactive substance.
12. Derive the relation between half life period and decay constant.
13. What are matter waves? Derive expression for de Broglie wave length of a material particle.
14. Give the truth table and logic symbol of OR, AND, NOT, NOR, and NAND gate.
15. Distinguish between p-type and n-type extrinsic semiconductor.
16. Explain analog and digital communication.
17. What are merits of digital communication?
18. What does ‘modem’ stands for? Briefly discuss its working and other features.
Very short Question Mark 2:
19. Two coherent source of intensity in the ratio of 4:1 interfere. What is the ration of intensity of maxima to the minima in the interference pattern? Also find the fringe visibility.
20. In an npn- transistor circuit, the collector current is 10 mA. If 90% of electrons reach the collector. Find the emitter and base current.
21. What is meant by ‘Fax’. Give its block diagram to explain its working.
22. Briefly describe Satellite communication. Give its merits and demerits.
23. What is the energy range (minimum & maximum energy) of visible light?
24. What is de Broglie wavelength of an electron with a speed of 6 x 105 m/s.
25. There is no emergent ray then angle of prism is greater then twice the critical angle.
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read : MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.