HSC Board Exams are fast approaching and students are getting anxious about how to prepare for their HSC Board Exams. So we had mentioned some HSC Study Tips to help students in Cracking HSC Exams.
After the tremendous success of our last year Important Question Bank for Karnataka 12th std PUC HSC Board Exam 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 we have also created a list of Important Question Bank for Karnataka Intermediate II PUC (HSC) Board Exam 2020 which are likely to appear in HSC Board Exams this year.
To unlock the content Click on any of 3 buttons available in the box below saying “This content is Locked”. Once you click on the button the content will get unlocked on same page itself. You must click on social media button showing in below box ie Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
CHEMISTRY-IMPORTANT QUESTION BANK
- Give reason: generally there is increase in density along 3d series of transition metals.
- Explain Kolbe’s Reaction
- What is ‘disproportionation’ of an oxidation state? Give one example of disproportionation reaction in aqueous solution.
- 24 g of a non-volatile, non-electrolyte solute is added to 600 g of water. The boiling point of the resulting solution is 373.35K. Calculate the molar mass of the solute. (Given boiling point of pure water is 373 K and Kb for water = 0.52 K kg mol-1).
- Explain Rosemont’s reduction of benzyl chloride
- Discuss the mechanism of the hydrolysis of text-butyl bromide.
- Write the equation for SN2 mechanism between CH3CI and – What is the stereo chemical aspect of SN2 reaction?
- Geometrical isomerism is not possible in tetrahedral complexes. Give reason.
- Give 3 differences between physisorption and chemisorptions.
- What is enzyme catalysis? Write the characteristic of enzyme catalysis.
- With the help of VBT, explain the type of hybridization, geometry and magnetic property of [Co(NH3)6]3+ .
- For the manufacture of ammonia by Haber’s process, write flow chart and balanced equation along with conditions?
- What is Brownian movement? How is it caused?
- Mention the factors responsible for the magnetic moment of an electron.
- Freezing point depression of 0.1 M aqueous NaCI is nearly twice that of 0.1 M aqueous sucrose solution. Give reason.
- Explain Carbylamines reaction
- The vapour pressure of pure water at 50°C is 12260Pa. 18.2g of solute was dissolved in 100g of water at the same temperature. The lowering of vapour pressure produced is 660Pa. Calculate the molar mass of the solute.
- Mention any two factors which can influence the products formed at the electrodes during electrolysis?
- What are diamagnetic, paramagnetic and ferromagnetic substances?
- What happens to half life time of a first order reaction when temperature is increased? Give reason.
- Explain collision theory of reaction rate.
- With the help of Valence Bond Theory (VBT) explain
- Describe the preparation of potassium permanganate from monogamous dioxide.
- Draw a labelled diagram for the extraction of aluminum from purified bauxite by Hall-Heroult process. Write the overall reaction taking place in the cell.
- Draw a neat labelled diagram of blast furnace. Mark the different zones. Write the reaction taking place at slag zone.
- Write differences between physisorption and chemisorptions.
- An unknown salt ‘X’ reacts with hot conc. H2SO4 to produce a reddish brown gas ‘Y’ which intensifies on adding on copper turnings. On adding dilute ferrous sulphate solution to an aqueous solution of X and then carefully adding conc. H2SO4 along the sides of the test tube, a brown complex ‘Z’ is formed at the interface between the solution and H2SO4. Identify X, Y and Z and write the chemical equations involved in the reaction.
- Draw a labelled diagram of Standard Hydrogen Electrode (SHE). Write its half cell reaction and E Alt+0176 value
- How is PH3 prepared in the laboratory? How is it purified? Write the chemical equations for the reactions involved.
- Write chemical equations involved during the manufacture of sulphuric acid by contact process mentioning the reaction conditions.
- Between scandium (atomic number 21) and zinc (atomic number 30) which has higher and lower value for E0 (M3+ / M2+) values. Justify your answer.
- How many metal-metal bonds and bridged CO groups are in [Co(CO)8] complex?
- If water contains dissolved calcium bicarbonate, out of soaps and synthetic detergents, which one will you use for cleansing clothes?
- What is condensation polymerization? Give examples
- Write the reaction involved when two molecules of methanol reacted each other in presence of concentrated base. Name the reaction.
- Explain the mechanism of dehydration of ethanol to ethane.
- Why tertiary haloalkanes are less reactive towards SN2 reaction?
- Explain the concentration of bauxite ore.
Hi, we’re trying to collate and gather the data and would be updating it here a few days before the exam. Please keep on visiting our website for updates.
Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
Don’t forget to read : MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.
For More Click Here