Biology – Important Questions Bank for Telangana Board HSC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC Telangana Board exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Biology (Section I Botany) – Important Questions Bank for Telangana Board HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
Q.1. (Very Short Answer Type)
1. What is transpiration? How does it differs from evaporation?
2. Name the Institute which is doing research on semi-arid crops. Mention its main objective.
3. Give any two reasons for considering Asteraceae as the most highly evolved family as dicotyledons.
4. Who discovered ‘transducation’ and in which bacterium?
5. Differentiate between ‘mass selection’ and ‘Pure line selection’
6. Mention any two differences between the gynoecium of Malvaceae and that of Fabaceae.
7. Define Gene Revolution?
8. How do Biofertilizers enrich the fertility of the soil?
Q.2. (Short Answer Type)
9. Expand ICBN. Mention three rules of ICBN in naming the plants.
10 List out any four ecological adaptations of xerophytes.
11. Explain the asexual reproduction by sporangiospores in Rhizopus with labelled diagrams.
12. Differentiate between the archegonia of Funaria and Pteris with the help of labelled diagrams.
13. What is Richmond Lang effect?
14. What is translation? Where does it occur?
15. Explain the symptoms of blast of rice giving labelled diagrams
16. Why C4 plants are more efficient in photosynthesis that C3 plants? Give the biochemical reactions than take place in mesophyil cells of C4 plants.
17. 12. Write the contributions made by Prof. M.O.P. Iyengar.
18. Give four points of differentiation between hesperidium and drupe.
19. Explain the cell organelle with labelled diagram in which krebs’ cycle takes place?
20. Explain the floral characters of solanaceae with the help of a floral diagram.
21. What is linkage? Who discovered it?
22. Differentiate between Purines and Pyrimidines?
23. What is molecular farming?
24. What are pleomorphic bacteria? Give one example.
Q. 3. (Long Answer Type)
25. Describe TCA cycle.
26. Describe the internal structure of dicot root with the help of labelled diagram.
27. Elucidate the steps involved in recombinant D.N.A technology with labelled diagrams.
28. Explain the process of fertilization with the help of a neat labelled diagram.
29. Explain the various steps in the systhesis of polypeptide chanin during translation giving labelled diagrams.
30. Write about different types of sub-aerial stem modifications with diagrams.
31. Describe the internal structures of Pinnule of cycas with the help of a labelled diagram.
32. Explain various steps involved in r-DNA technology.
33. What is hybridization? Describe the procedure of hybridization.
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.