Chemistry – Important Question Bank for Telangana (BIE) HSC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC Telangana Board exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Chemistry – Important Questions Bank for Telangana Board HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
- State and explain Kohlrausch’s law of independent migration of ions.
- What is order of a reaction? How is it different from the molecularity of a reaction? Give one example each for first order and second order reactions
- Explain (i) Cannizaro reaction and (ii) Decarboxylation
- Explain the acidic nature of phenols and compare it with that of alcohols.
- Write any two methods of preparation of Aniline with equation. How does Aniline react witha) Nitrous acid andb) Chloroform in the presences of alcoholic KOH
- How is ozone prepared? How does ozone react with
- (i) PbS (ii) Moist KI (iii) Hg and (iv) Ag. Give equations.
7. Write the balanced equations for the following
(i) NaCl is heated with conc. H2SO4 in the presence of MnO2
(ii) Chlorine is passed into a solution of NaI in water
8. Define hybridisation of atomic orbital’s? Explain the Sp3 and Sp2 hybridisations with respect to ethane and ethylene molecules?
9. Explain the classification of elements into S, P, d, f blocks present in the periodic table.
10. State the Principles involved in writing the electronic configuration of atoms Explain them with example and necessary diagram.
11. Write short notes on
(b) Food Preservatives
12. Define RMS Velocity? If the RMS Velocity of CO2 gas is 4.4 x 104 Cm/Sec. At a given temperature, find the RMS Velocity of Ethane
13. Explain Boyle’s and Charle’s Lawas basing on the postulates of kinetic molecular theory of gases.
14. How Hydrogen peroxide renovates the old spoiled oil paintings Explain it with relevant reaction.
15. Explain the stages with equations that are involved in the production of an hydrous magnesium chloride from carnallite.
16. What is allotrophy? Explain the Structure of anyone of the Crystalline forms of Carbon.
17. Explain (a) Sandmeyer reaction and (b) Carbylamine reaction.
18. Write the reaction of Sodium Thoisulphate with
a) Iodine and
b) Silver Nitrate. Give equations.
19. Define Raoult’s Law. At 50oC the vapor pressure of H2O is 92 mm. The vapor pressure of a solution containing 18.1 gm. of non-volatile solute in 100 ml of water at the same temperature is 87 mm. Find the molecular weight of the solute.
20. What is an acid base indicator ? Give two examples. Which type of acid base titration uses methyl orange as indicator ?
21. 14. What is meant by PH ? What is the PH of a buffer formed by mixing 20 ml of 0.1 M NH4 D and 2 ML of 0.1 M NH4OH (PKb for NH4OH = 4.8)
22. Define the terms order and Molecularity of the reaction. Give one example each for first and second order reactions
23. State Faraday’s first law of electrolysis, A current of 10 amp. Is passed through molten AlCl3 for 96.5 second . calculate the mass of Aluminum deposited at the cathodes. (Atomic weight of Al = 27)
24. State Raoult’s law. Calculate the vapor pressure of a solution containing 9g of glucose in 162g of water at 293K. The vapor pressure of water at 293 K is 17.535 mm Hg.
25. Explain Werner‘s theory of coordination compounds with suitable examples.
26. Give the sources of the following vitamins and name the diseases caused by their deficiency
(a) A (b) D (c ) E and (d) K
27. Explain the structures of (a) XeF4 and (b) XeOF4
28. What is hyperol? Give its formula.
29. What is ammonal and give its use?
30. Write any two effects of depletion of ozone layer.
31. Name two gases which are responsible for global warning.
32. Write the possible chain isomers of the compound having molecular formula C4H9Br.
33. How is ethane converted to bromoethane?
34. What is PHBV? How is it useful to man?
35. Calculate the mole fraction of sodium hydroxide in 10% ww NaOH solution.
36. What is the role of cryolite in the extraction of aluminium?
37. How is change in Gibbs energy (DG) related to the emf (E) of a galvanic cell?
38. What are Schottky defects in crystalline solids ?
39. How do you distinguish between crystal lattice and unit cell?
40. Define the boiling point of a liquid in terms of its vapor pressure.
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.