HSC Board Exams are fast approaching and students are getting anxious about how to prepare for their HSC Board Exams. So we had mentioned some HSC Study Tips to help students in Cracking HSC Exams.
After the tremendous success of our last year Important Questions Bank for Kerala Board (+2) Board Exam 2016, and Important Question Bank for Kerala Board (+2) HSE (HSC) Board Exam 2017 we have also created a list of Most Important Question Bank for Kerala Board (+2) HSE (HSC) Board Exam 2018 which are likely to appear in HSC Board Exams this year.
To unlock the content Click on any of 3 buttons available in the box below saying “This content is Locked”. Once you click on the button the content will get unlocked on same page itself. You must click on social media button showing in below box ie Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Hi, we’re trying to collate and gather the data and would be updating it here a few days before the exam. Please keep on visiting our website for updates.
Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
Kerala Physics Question Paper
1. Pick the odd one from the following:
2. A new unit of length is chosen such that the speed of light in vacuum is unity. Determine the distance between sun and the earth in terms of the new unit if a ray of light takes 8 minutes and 20 seconds to cover this distance.
3. Remya found that a piece of metal weighs 210 g in air and 180 g when it is immersed in water. Determine the density of the metal piece.
4. Two masses 4 kg and 2 kg are connected by a massless string and they are placed on a smooth Smooth surface. The 2 kg mass is pulled with a force of 12N.
(a) Find the acceleration of the system.
(b) If the string is replaced by a massless spring then what change do you notice in the acceleration.
5. Classify the following pairs of physical quantities which have the same and different dimensions
(a) Torque and work
(b) Linear momentum and angulate momentum
(c) Specific heat and thermal connectivity
(d) Gravitational potential and square of velocity
6. State the law which governs this process.
7. Two stars emit maximum energy at 360nm and 480 nm respectively. Determine the ratio of their surface temperature.
8. Write down the expression for the escape velocity on the surface of the earth.
9. What us it’s value on the surface of our planet?
10. Give the reason why the moon does not have atmosphere around it.
11. A sphere of mass m is moving with a velocity u and makes a head on collision with another identical mass which is at rest. It is observed that the stationary mass starts moving with a lesser velocity that u, after collision.
(a) Which physical quantity is conserved here?
(b) Define coefficient of restitution.
(c) Determine the ratio of the velocities of the two spheres after collision if e is the coefficient of restitution.
12. A string stretched between two fixed supported and a note of sound is heard when it’s plucked at it’s middle point.
(a) State whether sound is propagated as longitudinal wave or transverse wave.
(b) Derive an expression for the frequency of sound produced in the fundamental mode of vibration
(c) What are overtones?
13. Name the type of wave produced in the air column.
14. What do you mean by beats?
15. Obtain an expression for beat frequency.
16. A balloon is ascending at the rate of 14 and at a height of 98 m above the ground. A stone is dropped from it.
(a) State whether the motion of the balloon is accelerated or retarded.
(b) After how much time does the stone reach the ground?
(c) Determine the velocity with which the stone strikes the ground .
17. An external force is always required to break the inertia of a body which is either in the state of rest or state of uniform motion.
(a) Which law governs the statement?
(b) Can all forces produce acceleration? Why ?
(c) A boy holding a spring balance in his hand suspend a mass 2 kg from it. If the balance slips from his hand and falls down, find the reading of the balance while it is in the air.
(a) Define vector
(b) Find the Angle between A and B if | A+B|=|A-B |
(c) Determine the value of (A-B)×(A+B)
19. The earth is moving around the sun in an elliptical orbit and this brings out the seasons.
(a) Name the physical quantity conserved in this
(b) As the earth approaches near the sun in it’s path, it moves faster. State whether this statement is correct or wrong. Why ?
20. Air is blown in between two pith balls suspended freely.
(a) What will happen to the balls?
(I) They repel each other
(II) They attract each other
(III) They start oscillating
(IV) They remain in their initial position
(V) They fall on the ground.
(b) Give your explanation
(c) Derive an expression for the principle involved in this situation.
21. A mass m is suspended at one end of a spring and the other end of a spring and the other end of the spring is firmly fixed in the ceiling. If the mass is slightly depressed and released it will execute oscillation.
(a) Write down the expression for the frequency of oscillation of the mass.
(b) If the spring is cut into two equal halves and one half of the spring is used to suspend the same mass then obtain an expression for the ratio of periods of oscillation in two
(c) If this system is completely immersed in water then what happens to the oscillation?
22. A student is advised to study the variation of period of oscillation with the length of a simple pendulum in the laboratory. Accordingly he recorded the period of oscillation for different lengths of the pendulum.
(a) If he plots a graph between the length and period of oscillation, what will be the Shape of the graph?
(b) How would you determine the value of acceleration due to gravity using
(c) Explain second pendulum and describe how will you find the length of the seconds pendulum and that a pendulum of a period
23. How a nuclear fusion is occurred?
24. The energy released in nuclear fusion process with uranium is of the order of ______
25. Three types of radio active decay occur in nature. Briefly describe them
26. State the law of radio active decay.
27. all free charges are integral multiple of a basic unit charge e.
Then quantization rule of electric charge implies
(a) Q = e
(b) Q = 1/e
(c) Q = ne
(d) Q = e^2
28. Draw a typical illuminated P-n junction solar cell.
29. Steady current flows in a metallic conductor of nonuniform cross section. Which of the following quantities is a constant along the conductor?
(b) Current density
(c) Electric field
(d) Drift speed
30. Draw a series combination of the resistors R1, R2 and R3.
31. Obtain the expression for the effective resistance in the combination of two resistors R1 and R2 in parallel. Sketch the combination also.
32. Inspire of the validity of ohms law it has some limitations. Give one limitation of ohms law.
33. Illustrate Biot-Savart law with necessary figure.
34. Compare Biot-Savart law with coloumb s law for electrostatic field.
35. Give an expression for the magnetic field on the axis of a circular current loop.
36. State and explain Curie s law.
37. Compare paramagnetism and ferromagnetism. Give examples of each.
38. Give an expression for the voltage and current in a transformer.
39. Explain resonance in an LCR circuit.
40. Draw a graphical representation of variation of current amplitude with frequency.
41. What do you mean by sharpness of resonance? Explain it.
42. Give a demonstration for total internal reflection.
43. What are the technological applications of total internal reflect in nature? Briefly explain it.
44. What is the Brewster angle for air to glass Transition? (Refractive index of glass is 1.5)
45. Describe young’s experiment in interference with necessary theory.
46. Explain the refraction at a spherical surface using a schematic diagram.
47. In electrical magnetic spectra, the wave length and frequencies are inversely related. A radio can tune in to any station in the 7.5 MHz to 12 MHz band. Determine the corresponding wave length band.
48. Explain Einstein s photo electric equation.
49. Name the different series of hydrogen atom.
Don’t forget to read : MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.