Biology – Important Questions Bank for Punjab Board HSC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC Punjab board exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Biology – Important Questions Bank for Punjab board HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
( Semester-II Biology )
1.What is meant by air pollution? Describe in detail various sources of air-pollution.
2. Describe Exsitu and Insitu Conservation of biodiversity.
3. Describe briefly the chief edaphic factors affecting the vegetation of a given area.
(a) Define 10% law of energy. Name the ecologist who gave this law.
(b) Define commensalisms, Mimicry, aestivation Poikicothermal animals.
4. Explain the steps involved in the production of Genetically engineered insulin
(a) Mention the role of vector in recombinant DNA technology. Give any two examples
(b) With the help of diagrammatic representation only, show the steps pf DNA recombinant technology .
5. What are antibiotics? List the properties of an antibiotic to be used as medicine. Tabulate some antibiotics of bacterial and fungal origin.
6. Explain ill effects of alcohol on different parts of body of an individual.
7. Draw carbon cycle.
8. In which ecosystem is the Pyramid of biomass inverted?
9. Why is it inverted?
10. Name the type of Pyramid which is always upright?
11. Write a short note on Bio-patent.
12. Explain different steps of Polymerised Chain reaction.
13. Define Sewage. Explain the secondary treatment of sewage.
14. Expand the term SCP. Give the four advantages of SCP
15. What is addiction? Name the source of tobacco. List two ill-effects of Nicotine.
16. Describe 3 type pf T-lymphocytes and mention their function.
17. What are threatened species? Name 3 categories of threatened species.
18. What is carrying capacity? Mention two causes for rapid growth of human population.
19. What is the study of pollen grains called?
20. What is DNA probe?
21. What is carrying capacity? Mention two causes for rapid growth of human population.
22. What are threatened species? Name 3 categories of threatened species.
23. Distinguish between plasmid DNA and Chromosomal DNA.
24. Define ecological niche.
25. Expand (i) IUD (ii) STD
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.