Physics – Important Questions Bank for Punjab Board HSC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC Punjab board exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Physics – Important Questions Bank for Punjab board HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
- Electric potential at a distance 9cm from charge is 100V. Find the magnitude of a charge
- Give two uses of Gamma rays
- What are ohmic and non-ohmic devices? Give one example of each
- A mental has work function 5eV. Will this metal emit electrons, when light of wavelength 400nm falls on it?
- Write the conditions for total internal reflection to take place
- Draw a block diagram of a communication system
- if the two slits in young double slit experiment have intensity ratio 16:1, calculate the ratio of intensity at maxima and minima in interference pattern
- Two resistances when connected in series give a total resistance of 18Ω and when connected in parallel gives a total resistance of 4Ω. Find the value of each resistance
- What is photon? Give its two properties
- By giving sign-conventions, derive the lens formula relating object distance, image distance and focal length for a thin convex lens. Draw a ray diagram to show the formation of image of an object placed between optical centre and focus of a convex lens.
- With the help of labelled diagram, give the principle and derive an expression for agnifying power of astronomical telescope, when final image is formed at least distance of distinct vision
- State Ampere’s circuital law. Using Ampere’s circuital law, derive the expression of magnetic field at any point inside the current carrying solenoid. How will you determine the direction of magnetic field?
- With the help of labelled diagram, give the principle and theory of cyclotron. Why it is not suitable for accelerating neutrons?
- Derive the expression for electric field intensity due to electrid dipole at any point on the axis of the dipole. What is the magnitude and direction of electric field intensity, when the distance of the point from the centre of the dipole is very large as compared to the length of dipole?
- a) explain why the capacitance of capacitor increases when dielectric slab is inserted between plates of the capacitor.
- b) Derive an expression for energy strode in a charged capacitor.
- What is potentiometer? With the help of circuit diagram, explain how a potentiometer can be used to compare the e.m.f of two primary cells.
- Prove mathematically that the average value of alternating current over one complete cycle is zero
- A wire 88cm long bent into a circular loop is placed perpendicular to the magnetic field of density 2.2 Wbm-2. Within 0.5s the loop is changed into square of each side 22cm and density is increased to 3Wbm-2 .Calculate the value of e.m.f induced.
- Establish the relation between object distance, image distance and radius of curvature for a concave mirror.
- with the help of labelled circuit diagram, explain the working of transistor as a switch.
- State the postulates of Bohr’s atomic model
- A lens of focal length 12 cm produces a virtual image. The size of image is 1/3 times the size of the object. What kind of lens it is? Determine the positions of the object and the image.
- give the logic symbol, truth table and Boolean express for NAND gate
- State the principle of moving coil galvanometer
- what is curie point?
- Which photon is more energetic, green or blue?
- Name the series of hydrogen spectrum lying in ultra-violet region
- what is Fermi energy level?
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.