If you are creative and imaginative and want’s to be famous, you can choose Interior designer as a career after completing class 12.
Interior design is the art and science of enhancing the interiors, sometimes including the exterior, of a space or building. As an interior designer you will not just design the space but also plan, develop and execute the site.
Interior designer have to focus on researching, planning, developing and implementing designs for indoor , such as living rooms or office lobbies.
Two new avenues related to interior designing – Vaastu Shastra and Chinese – Feng Shui.
Computer skills will come handy while preparing those innumerable blueprints. Most design fields, these days rely heavily on CAD (Computer Aided Design) and illustration programmes such as AutoCAD.
Eligibility criteria for Interior Designer (B.I.D):
- H. S. C. (10+2) of Maharashtra, H.S.C. Board or Equivalent Board of any state.
- Where 10+2 scheme is not introduced, candidates must have passed after 11th schooling the higher secondary pre university, pre Engineering or Equivalent examination of any recognized University of Board of any state.
- Passing of 10+2 any course in architecture, Interior, Civil Engineering, Construction Technology, Building Supervisor, Architectural Assistant ship, architectural, civil droughts-man ship or similar courses in architectural, civil, MCVC or any other technology in which Engineering drawing is covered – all recognized by the technical Education Board Maharashtra or equivalent Universities and boards of any state.
- Preference shall be given to the students who have passed Intermediate drawing grade Examination or technical qualifications.
Entrance Exam after 12th for Interior Designing (B.I.D):
- Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is an countrywide examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology
- GATE qualified candidates for IIT’s
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification exam
- National Level Entrance Aptitude Test (NLAT) conducted by the Institute
- National Entrance Examination for Design (NEED)
- NID Entrance Test
- NIFT Entrance Exam
- School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) Entrance Exam
Syllabus of Interior Design (B.I.D) in various Universities and Colleges:
- Graphics -I
- Aesthetics – I
- Technical Skills – I
- Interior Design – I
- Computer – I
- Communication Skill – I
- Graphics – II
- History of Interior
- Technical Skills – II
- Professional Practices & Management – I
- Interior Services – I
- Interior Design – II
- Computer – II
- Interior Design – III
- Working Drawing
- Contemporary Interiors
- Project Report
- Computer – III
- Seminar Reports
Interior Designer (B.I.D) Requirements :
- Artistic talent.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Good reasoning skills.
- Excellent ability to visualize concepts.
- Good commercial sense.
Top Colleges in India offering Interior Designer (B.I.D)
- Sir JJ School of Art, Mumbai
- Arch Academy of Design, Jaipur.
- National Institute of Design (NID), Delhi
- IILM School of Design, Gurgaon
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- CEPT University, Ahmedabad
- Exterior Interiors Pvt. Ltd, Cochi
- College of Architecture, Nashik
- Management and Design Academy (MADA), New Delhi
- IVS School of design , Delhi NCR
- K. L. E. Society’s Polytechnic, Karnataka –
Job as an Interior Designer (B.I.D):
- Jr. Interior Designer
- Site Assist. Supervisor
- Mid Interior Designer
- Architect & Interior Designer.
- Business Head – Retail & Exhibitions
- Design Coordinator
- Interior Designer/Assist
- Interior Lighting Designer.
Salary as an Interior Designer (B.I.D):
Interior designers are paid based on the production of their designs. Aspirants can initially earn a monthly salary up to Rs.5000 to Rs.8000 while designers who are more experienced earn about Rs.50, 000 to Rs.75, 000 each month. As a professional graduate can earn around 10000 per month. But after the getting of experience, he/she may earn in a range of Rs. 30,000 or more…