SECRETARIAL PRACTICE – QUESTION PAPER MARCH 2015 MAHARASHTRA BOARD
Q1. A. Select the proper option from the option given below and rewrite the sentences: (5)
- Big retail stores requires large amount of ______________ capital.
- Preference shares carry dividend at ____________ rate.
- If a share of Rs. 100 is issued at RS. 110, it is said to be issued at __________ .
- The company has to obtain consent of __________ if issue of debentures exceeds Rs. 1 crore.
- National Stock Exchange.
- A company must give receipt for deposit to the depositor within ______ weeks of its acceptance.
B. Match the correct pairs: (5)
C. Write a word or a term or a phrase which can substitute each of the following statements. (5)
- The type of shareholders who can participate in the management of the company.
- A document which is an invitation in general public to subscribe for share of company.
- The maximum period upto which deposits can be accepted.
- An organisation where securities / shares are held in electronic form.
- Dividend declared by a company at its annual general meeting.
Q2. Distinguish between the following. (Any Three) (15)
- Fixed capital and working capital
- Equity Shares and Preference Shares.
- Share certificate and Share Warrant.
- Interim dividend and Final dividend.
- Money market and Capital Market.
Q3. Write notes on (Any Three) (15)
- Trade credit
- Employee stock option scheme.
- Statutory conditions of allotment of shares.
- Procedure for conversion of debentures.
- Methods of redemption of debentures.
Q4. State with reasons, whether the following statements are True or False. (Any Three) (15)
- Financial management is essential for all types of organisations.
- The bond holders are owners of the company.
- Transfer of shares is initiated by the company.
- Debenture holders are creditors of the company.
- Depositors’ approval is must for renewal of deposit.
Q5. Attempt the following (Any TWO) (10)
- Write a letter regarding payment of interest on debentures.
- Draft a letter of thanks to the depositor of a company.
- What are the points to be borne in mind while writing letters to the members?
- State the preliminary steps in the issue of shares.
Q6. Write a letter to a shareholder regarding issue of bonus shares. (10)
Define ‘debenture’ and explain the types of debentures.