MECHANICAL ENGINEERING CAREER COURSES AFTER 12TH/HSC BOARD
Mechanical engineering is the discipline that applies the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems.
In India, to become an engineer, one need to have an engineering degree like a B.Tech or B.E or have a diploma in engineering or by completing a course in an engineering trade like fitter from the Industrial Training Institute (ITIs) to receive a “ITI Trade Certificate” and also have to pass the All India Trade Test (AITT) with an engineering trade conducted by the National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT) by which one is awarded a “National Trade Certificate”
- After the completion of 10th standard, you are only eligible to enter the diploma courses.
- For entering in Mechanical Engineering, either in diploma or UG, mathematics and physics are the compulsory and has to be in the qualifying examination.
- 10+2 Science stream students, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects, who have cleared 12th board examination from a recognized board, are eligible to pursue this course. Minimum marks criteria exists in case of many Institutes, which usually varies between 40-50% marks
- Students must also have appeared for State level entrance test to be considered eligible to apply for admission in Colleges, when it comes to B.E./B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering .
Mechanical Engineering Basic Courses:
It is a 4 years Undergraduate level Degree program. The 4 years’ duration is divided into 8 semesters, each semester lasting a period of 6 months. During different semesters, students will have to face separate sets of theoretical subjects as well as practical lab sessions and workshops.
Jobs & Career
- Acoustics engineer
- Automotive engineer
- Building systems engineer
- Design engineer – mechanical
- Lubrication engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Mould design engineer
- Nuclear engineer
- Power plant engineer
- Robotics engineer
- Thermal power engineer
- Tool engineer
In India, a student who has cleared the degree in Mechanical Engineering can get the offer of salary started from 5 lakh per annum upto 20+ lakh per annum.
Top Mechanical Engineering Colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay)Indian
- Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi)
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT Kanpur)
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras)
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS-Pilani)
- Jadavpur University (Faculty of Engineering & Technology) Kolkata
- PSG College of Technology Tamil Nadu
- Thapar University Punjab
- College of Engineering Pune
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute Mumbai,
- Nirma University – Institute of Technology Gujarat
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Patna
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology Gujarat