Career Courses – Flight Attendants/Air Hostess – after 12th/ HSC Board
An air hostess is a female flight attendant. The majority of flight attendants for most airlines are female, Flight attendants or cabin crew (also known as cabin attendants) are members of an aircrew employed by airlines primarily to make sure the safety and comfort of passengers aboard commercial flights, on select business jet aircraft, and on some military aircraft.
Eligibility Required to be an Air Hostess:
- 10+2 pass certificate or a Graduation degree (preferably Hotel Management or Tourism) is required to get enrolled for a short-term Air-Hostess Diploma course.
- Age Limit: Candidate age limit within 19 years to 27 years.
- Height: Minimum 5 ft and 2 inches with balanced weight.
- Status (Martial): Unmarried
- Eye Sight: Normal eyesight.
- Language:Hindi, English and any other foreign languages.
- Color Complexion: Fair to clear complexion.
- Other conditions: Medical Fit, Having Indian Passport.
The professional education in aviation (air hostess and flight steward) has three levels of study after 12th as the following:
Certificate courses: duration for one year after 12th in any stream. The list of certificate courses:
- Aviation and Hospitality Services
- Hospitality Travel and Customer Service
- Night Rating
- Aviation Management
- Air Hostess/Flight Purser
- Aviation Hospitality & Travel Management
- International Airlines and Travel Management
Diploma courses: duration for the one year after 12th in any stream. The list of diploma courses:
- Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Air Hostess Training
- Global Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Aviation Hospitality and Travel Management
Degree courses: duration for three years after 12th in any stream. The list of degree courses:
- B.Sc (Air hostess training)
Subjects of study in Air hostess courses:
- Spoken English
- Business English
- First Aid Training
- Airport and In-flight Practical Orientation
- Practical Training on Fidelio and Galileo
Skills required to become an Air Hostess:
- Pleasant & friendly personality
- Clear speech and voice
- Team worker
- Quick to find solutions
- Good Communication Skills
- Good appearance
Top Colleges in India offer Air Hostess courses:
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics, Jaipur
- Air Hostess Academy, Pune
- Kingfisher Training Academy, Mumbai
- Air Hostess Academy, Delhi
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training, Delhi
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training, Mumbai
- Universal Air hostess Academy, Chennai
- Senior Flight Attendant
- Head Attendant
- Ground Hostess
- Check Hostess
- Air hostess Trainer
- Airline Management
- Travel Agent Head Attendant
An air hostess can earn 16000 – 75000 in a month. If you are working with the domestic airlines, you may get around Rs. 16000 per month. If you are working with the international airlines like Indian airlines, you may earn up to Rs. 75000 per month. Some of the international airlines offer more than 1 lakh or 2 lakh per month salaries to the senior air hostess. Salaries depend on the