Learn Question and answer of Physics of Maharashtra HSC Board from your mobile/desktop for FREE.
Chapter 10. Wave Theory of Light.
- State the postulates & drawbacks of Newton’s corpuscular theory.
- State the merits and demerits of Huygens’ wave theory of light.
- Define the term of wave front, wave normal and wave surface.
- State Huygens’ principle.
- Give a brief account of Huygens’ wave theory of light.
- Explain refraction of light on the basis of wave theory. Hence prove laws of refraction .
- What do you mean by polarisation ?
- Define unpolarised light? Give its symbolic representation.
- State Brewster’s law.
- What is a polaroid?
- State the main uses of polaroids.
- Explain red and blue shift.
- Explain the applications of Doppler effect of light in astronomical physics.
- What is dichroism?