Chemistry – Important Questions Bank for Maharashtra Board HSC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC Maharashtra board exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Chemistry – Important Questions Bank for Maharashtra Board HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
Chemistry II- Science-Hsc Important Questions Bank-Maharashtra Board
- Chapter-8 s-and p- block elements
- Position in periodic table(d and f), electronic configuraTion of elements and ions
- Trends in properTies- formation of complexes, as catalyst , colour and magnetic properties
- Potassium dichromate and permanganate.
- Structures of-chromate, dichromate, manganate and permanganate
- K2Cr2O7 andKMnO4 – many reactions
- Lanthanoid contraction, cause,effect- chemical twins
- Comparision bet lanthanoids and acticnoids
- No diagrams
Chapter-9- Coordination compound
- Theories- bonding in coordinaTion compounds Werner, Sidwick, Valence bond, Crystal field, and applicaTions of coord. Compounds
- Nomenclature system, isomerism
- ClassificaTion of ligands and complexes
- Structures of complexes, magneTic properTies
- Colours of complexes, stabilty,electrochemical series
- Students should know the arrangement of elements in the periodic table like 7 periods, 18 groups and S, P, D, f block elements, their posiTion in the periodic table.
- S block and group 13 and 14 of P block you study in XI std.
- In XII group 15 to 18 of P block and d and f block elements.
- In case of p-block elements anomalous behavior of first element in the group 15, 16, 17 and 18. H – bonding in O – F and N
- Structures of acids of P, S, Cl
- Allotropes of p, s etc
- Structure and hybridizaTion geometry of molecules NH3, PCl3, PCl5, ClF3, ClF5, IF7.
- GradaTion in properTies
- Chapter 6 – short note on different methods of concentraTion / types of metallurgy and name nad formula of some ores / reacTions in the process of purificaTion – diagrams
- d & f block elements,
- Electronic configuraTion to write this use core configuraTion
- e.g. for writing conf of d block elements we [Ar] number of unpaired electrons / oxidaTion states / calculaTion of magneTic moment / lanthanoid contracTion chemical twins / diference between lanthanoids and actinoids reacTions etc.
- CoordinaTion compounds
- HybridizaTion, geometry, classificaTion of ligands, complexes and isomerism
Chapter-10-Halgogen derivaTives of alkanes and arenes
- ClassificaTion, nomenclature system-structure names
- Reactions-Prep./ Properties-Finkelstein, Swarts, G.R., Williamson’s, Mrkwnikof’s rule, Wurtz, Sandmeyer, Wurtz- Fittig. OpTical aticvity, R and S configuraTion
- Mechanism-SN1, SN2
- Resonating structures-chlorobenzene, o-nitro chlorobenzene, p-nitro chlorobenzene
Chapter-11 Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Alcohols-classificaTion, nomenclature(ending- ol), prep.-hydrolysis, hydraTion and hydroboraTion (alkenes), reducTion(c=o), G.R. , properTies- sodium, esterificaTion, HX, oxidaTion
- Phenols-classificaTion, nomenclature, prep, prop- Kolbe’s, Riemer-Tiemann reacTions,distinguishing test
- Ethers-classificaTion, nomenclature-alkoxy derivaTives of higher alkanes,prep,properTies
- Mechanism- hydraTion of alkene and acTion of HI on alcohols
- Resonating structures-phenol and phenoxide ion
Chapter-12 Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
- Aldehydes ending ‘al’ ketones ‘one’
- Prep- oxidaTion of alcohols,hydrolysis-geminal dihalides, hydraTion of alkynes, from Ca salts of fatty acids, alkyl nitrile-Stephen reacTion, from esters, nitrile and GR, Etard reacTion-alkyl benzene, Gatterman-Koch reacTion- from benzene, Friedel Crafts reacTion, Rosenmund reducTion of acyl chloride
- ProperTies- AddiTion reacTions-HCN, NaHSO3, alcoholNH3 and its derivaTives.
- ReducTion- Clemmensen, Wolf- Kishner and with Mg – pinacol formaTion
- Oxidation of ald. Fehlings soluTion,Tollens reagent,Schif’s base
- Halform, aldol condensaTion, crossed aldol,Cannizzaro’s,Crossed Cannizzaro’s,nitraTion of aromaTic ald./ ket
- Carboxylic acid- ClassificaTion, nomenclature-ending ‘oic acid’
- Prep- oxid of- alc and alkyl benzene, dry ice and G.R., hyd of- cyanides/acyl chloride/acid anhydride/esters
- Prop- ReacTions with Na, NaOH,Na2CO3, NaHCO3,alc, reducTion ,decarboxylaTion, alpha halgenaTion (Hell- Vohlard- Zelinsky reacTion),nitraTion of aryl acids at m-posiTion,FormaTion of anhydride, amide
- Acidity-Carboxylic acids phenols
- InducTive effect -electron releasing gr decreases acid strength, electron withdrawing increases acid strength. SubstituTion at alpha-more effecTive
- Mechanism- formaTion of ester in acid/base medium
- Resonating structures- carboxylate ion and acid
Chapter-13 Compounds containing nitrogen
- Nitro compounds- prep, prop- tautomerism (nitro and isonitroform in presence of base) Nef carbonyl synthesis(formaTion of ald/ket)
- Amines- classificaTion-1,2,3 degree, nomenclature ending’amine’. Prep- Gabriel phthalimide synthesis, Hofmann bromamide degradaTion. Prop- basic nature, reacTion- nitrous acid,acylaTion, Hofmann’s-exhausTive alkylaTion/carbyl amine test/eliminaTion, Hinsberg’s test,aryl amines- brominaTion, nitraTion,sulphonaTion
- Resonating structure- aniline,arene benzene diazonium ion
- Diazonium salts prep, prop- Sandmeyer, Gaqermann, Balz- Schiemann reacTions, azo- coupling
- Carbohydrates-classificaTion, prep,prop, ring structures of glucose, fructose, sucrose, maltose, cellobiose, lactose, starch, cellulose and glycogen.
- Proteins- classificaTion- alpha amino acids and proteins; peptide linkage,structure of proteins
- Enzymes,Lipids- classificaTion and funcTions
- Hormones,Vitamins-classificaTion, examples
- Nucleic acids- RNA,DNA, bases, nucleoside,nucleotide.
- ClassificaTion based on- source, structure,polymerisaTion process, molecular forces, growth polymerisaTion
- Chain growth(addiTion)-mechanism of free radical polymerisaTion, prep of low density polymer(LDPE), HDPE, polyacrylonitrile(PAN)/orlon, teﬂon(PTFE)
- Step growth(condensaTion)-Nylon-6,6; nylon-6,terylene/ polyester/dacron, novolac, bakelite(formaldehyde- phenol), urea formaldehyde, melamine
- Natural rubber cis-1,4-polyisoprene, Guqa- percha-trans isomer, vulcanizaTion of rubber.
- SyntheTic rubbers- Buna-S/ styrene butadiene rubber(SBR), Buna-N(acrylo nitrile and1,3- butadiene, Neoprene(2-chlorobuta-1,3-diene), Butyl rubber(isobutylene and isoprene)
- Biodegradable polymers-PHBV(polyhydroxy butyrate-co-beta- hydroxy valerate) from 3- hydroxy butanoic and 3-pentanoic acids, Dextron(lactic and glycollic acids),Nylon-2- nylon-6(glycine and -E amino caproic acid)
Chapter-16 Chemistry in everyday life
- ClassificaTion of drugs , acTion of drugs on targets
- Chemicals in medicines- analgesics-prep of aspirin, tranquilizers, antimicrobials(antibioTics and antisepTics, antifertility drugs, antacids and antihistamines
- Chemicals in food- physical and chemical methods, artificial sweetening agents,antioxidents
- Cleansing agents- soaps and detergents
- The basic of all organic chemistry is knowing the structures and their common and IUPAC name of some basic organic compounds. As in XII quesTion paper there are no structures except give IUPAC name
- There are reacTions if you write formula wrong the reacTion will be wrong.
- 3 Marks quesTion can be asked on 3 method of preparaTion, 3 reacTions, mechanism, resonating structures etc.
- There are some reacTions which are named by names of scientist. They are asked for 2-3 marks, like Saytzef’s rule, Markownikof’s rule, Wurtz reacTion, Stephen reacTion, Gaqermann reacTion, Cannizaro reacTion, Fehlings soluTion, Suzurts reacTions etc.
- Always remember the reagents used in the reacTions for conversion of FuncTional groups.Make a table for reagents and which FuncTional group is tionverted to what.
- For reacTions when you write in XII exam without writing reagents no marks for reacTion. Organic chemistry is full of reacTions there is a instrucTion for writing correct and balanced reacTions wherever necessary.Hence study reacTions by heart and you can remember then only by praticing. So write each reacTion on the paper, don’t study reacTions only by reading.
- Long quesTions for 4 marks in 7 marks quesTion can be asked on SN1 / SN2 mechanism, aldol condensaTion etc.
- The science is to the point only use HSC board book. Write always quesTion number and its sub- quesTions as times due to some printing mistake you may get attempt of quesTion marks.
- QuesTion of 7 marks is always a fusion quesTion.There is no internal opTion.
- If in the quesTion it is written explain, then ½ mark for writtng explanaTion and ½ for writtng reacTion
- MCQ solve only once, if you write answers again 2nd or 3rd time, then that part won’t be corrected and it will be written as repeated.
- Possible isomer of some lower compounds up to 5/6 carbons students should know
- No Gillingham diagram to draw, No big numericals on chemical KineTics (Prob 20, 21,22
- Maltose, cellobiose, starch cellulose, DNA,RNA structures will not be asked
- These are all for understanding its significance
- QuesTion paper will have quesTions on knowledge, understanding, applicaTions and skill along with some HOTS quesTions.
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
You must also read below post
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.