Physics – Important Questions Bank for Gujarat Board HSC 2016 Examination.
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC Gujarat Board exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Physics – Important Questions Bank for Gujarat Board HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
- Define Simple Harmonic Motion
- Write the dimensional formula of Intensity of wave. . Explain wave front by necessary diagrams.
- . If the linear velocity of a particle is made half times its original value, how much percent decrease will be there in its kinetic energy
- Explain the interdependence of Newtons laws of motion
- The frequency of a S.H.O. is 50 Hz. Its mass is 2 kg. At a certain instant its kinetic energy is 5 joule and potential energy is 4 joules. Find its amplitude of oscillation.
- What is reverberation ?
- . Write without deriving expression for displacement in SHM. Using differentiation obtain expression for velocity and acceleration.
- A thief is running at speed of 9 Km/Hr. Policeman is chasing him with speed of 18 Km/Hr, and is also blowing whistle of frequency 1000 Hz. Calculate frequency heard by thief. Velocity of sound is 340 m/s.
- A batsman hits ball of 150 gm mass, moving with speed of 12 m/sec. As a consequence, ball now moves in reverse direction at 20 met/sec. If force exerted by bat is 480 N, find duration of contact between bat and ball.
- A lineman on a railway track sees two trains approaching him from opposite directions. The frequency of the whistles of both the trains is 433 Hz. The speeds of the trains are 54 km/hr and 36 km/hr respectively. Calculate the number of beats per second heard by the lineman, Velocity of the sound in air is 340 m/s.
- Write the equation of a stationary wave and with proper explanation derive
λn = n Write your conclusion from this equation.
In Thomson’s experiment to determine `e/m’ the electric and magnetic fields applied over the same region in mutually perpendicular directions to nullify the displacement of electrons are respectively 3 Megavolt/km and 2 gauss. Calculate the horizontal velocity of the electrons.
- In a NPN Ce amplifier the ac current gain is 100 when the voltage gain is 200. If Re = 4kΩ calculatee resistance and power gain.
- What is P-N junction ? Discuss in brief the forwardbias and reverse – bias in P – N junction
- What is Mass – defect ? Explain and write down its equation. Hence explain what is Binding energy ?
- Describe the experimental arrangement of Millikan’s Oil drop experiment. Draw figure and obtain :kv = g (m – mo)
- In a N-P-N common emitter amplifier, the a.c. current gain is 120, when the voltage gain is 180. Calculate the input resistance of the transistor if the value of the load resistance is 4.5 KΩ
- “Cathode ray is an electron magnetic wave.” Correct the statement if it is wrong.
- Write down the unit of Trans-conductance.
- Draw the diagram of the circuit used to study characteristics of photoelectric effect and discuss what is studied in photoelectric effect.
- Draw the circuit diagram of common emitter N-P-N transistor amplifier. Derive the equation of input voltage for the input section of this circuit.
- Write equation of radioactive decay rate and derive ex-ponential law of radiusactive disintegration.
- In a mixture of two radio active elements A and B the decay constant of A is 0.1 (days)-1 and that of B is (0.2) (days)-1. The activity of A is twice the activity of B. Find the activity of this mixture after 10 day Its initial activity isα microcurie
- Define : Thresold frequency.
- Find angular momentum of an electron in 3rd excited state.
- Give Einstein’s explanation for the photoelectric effect with help of necessary expression.
- Write a short note on “Nuclear Redius”
- Write down laws of ratherford and soddy for the α and β decays. Give one example for each.
- Draw a neat diagram and explain P- type of semi conductors.
- Define half-life of a radioactive substance. Using it obtain the equation of half- life.
- Describe working of NPN transistor in common base circuit.
- Prove that if the value of load resistance R1, and the input resistance are kept equal in common emitter NPN transistor amplifier, the a.c. current gain is equal to the voltage gain.
- Voltage gain of common emitter transistor amplifier is 1000. Input voltage is 50 millivolt. if the load resistance is 5000Ω find the change in the out put current.
- What is transistor ? Give its types and names of its different parts and its current noations,
- Write short not on photocell.
- What is breakdown voltage ?
- In a common emitter amplifier transc condutance is 0.04 mho and voltage gain is 200 find load resistance.
- What is photoelectric effect ? Write definition of threshold frequency. On which factor does it depend.
- What was the observation made by Goldstein about Cathode rays ?
- For a transistor collector current in 4 mA and emiter current is 5 mA find base current
- Explain giving examples Nuclear fission and Nuclear fusion.
- Calculate the quantum number for which the radius of the orbit of election is Be+3 woul be equal to that for ground state of election in a hydrogen atom. Also compare the energy of the two state.
- Two electro beams have their velocity ratio 1 : 2 They enters in an uniform magnetic field perpendicular to it. Find the ratio of their deviations. (Beams are in the field for a very short durtation.)
- Write Einstein’s’s quantum theory about radiation.
- If stopping potential is 5 V, what is the value of maximum kinetic energy of the emitted electrons ?
- Write the unit and diemensions of plank’s constant ?
- What is depletion layer ?
- . Explain the emission of light of different colours in discharge tube and occurence of darkness at very low pressure.
- Write a short note on dangers [Hazards] of nuclear energy.
- Describe along with necessary expressions the Thomson’s experiment for determining e/m of an electron.
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.