Physics– Important Questions Bank for Bihar Board BSEB 2016 Examination.
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the BSEB Bihar Board exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for BSEB Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Physics– Important Questions Bank for Bihar Board BSEB 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you BSEB students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
- What are Coherent Sources? Derive mathematical expression for width of interference fringes obtained in Young’s double slit Experiment. With the help of graph, show the variation of intensity pattern in YDSE.
- How is wave front and secondary wavelets defined? Verify laws of reflection or laws of refraction on the basis of Huygens’s wave theory.
- What is meant by ‘normal adjustment’ in case of an astronomical telescope? What are two main Considerations of designing the “objective” of an astronomical telescope? Obtain an expression for the angular magnifying power and the length of the tube of an astronomical telescope in its ‘normal adjustment’ position.
- Draw a labelled ray diagram for the formation of image by a Compound microscope. Derive expression for its total magnification, when final image is formed at the near point. Why both objective and eyepiece of a compound microscope must have their short focal lengths?
- Obtain refraction formula for curved surface and hence derive expression for angular magnification.
- Establish lens maker’s formula by using refraction formula at curved surface. How wave length of light affects the focal length of the lens?
- Derive the mirror formula and hence derive expression for angular magnification. Transverse magnification and superficial magnification
- What are equivalent lens. Derive an expression for equivalent focal length of two lenses of focic f1 and f2 kept at a separation‘d’.
- Explain construction and working of a.c. or d.c. generator.
- Derive expression for current in L-C-R- series or parallel circuit. What is the condition of resonance? What is impedance of resonant frequency?
- What are eddy currents? How are they produced? In what sense eddy currents are considered undesirable in a transformer? How can they be minimized? Give two applications of eddy currents.
- What is the purpose of a transformer? Explain its construction, types and working. Write expression for secondary to primary voltage in terms of the no. of terms in the two coils.
- Derive the condition for resonance to occur in series L-C-R a.c. Circuit and derive an expression for resonant frequency. Define quality factor “Q’ of the circuit .
- What is meant by ‘impedance’ and ‘reactant’ of the L-C-R Circuit ? How a.c. Current and Voltage ane related in a Capacitor and induct or ?
- Define self inductance and mutual inductance Find an expression for mutual inductance of two Co-axial solenoid.
- What is induced emf ? Write Faraday law of electromagnetic induction obtain an expression for the emf induced in a rotating rod of length ‘l’.
- With the help of neat and labelled diagram, Explain the principle and Working of a moving coil galvanometer. What is importance of radial magnetic field.
- Explain the principle and working of cyclotron with the help of a need diagram. Write the expression for cyclotron frequency.
- Derive an expression for the magnetic field produced at a point near a long current carrying wire. Use the expression to obtain force per unit length between two long straight parallel current carrying conductors.
- Derive an expression for the magnetic field produced at a point near a long current Carrying wire. Use the expression to obtain force length between two long straight parallel Current Carrying Conductors.
- How internal resistance of a cell can be determined using potentiometer. Explain with help of circuit diagram.
- State the principle of working of a potentiometers and chow the circuit to compare emt of two primary cell. How can the potentiometers sensitivity, be improved.
- Write principal of Wheatstone Bridge. Derive a condition for balanced Wheatstone Bridge. Why this arrangement can’t be used to measure very low resistance ?
- Using the principle of Wheatstone Bridge, describe the method to determine the specific resistance of a wire in a laboratory. Draw the
circuit diagram and write the formula used.
- State Kirchoff’s law and use it to obtain condition of balance of a whetstone bridge.
- Derive an expression for the resistivity of a conductor in terms of number density of free electrons and relaxation time.
- Establish relation between electric current and drift velocity.
- Derive expression for drift velocity of few electrons in a conductor in terms of relaxation time of electrons.
- Find the expressing for the instantaneous current and its phase relation with the applied voltage in L-C-R- circuit. Define ‘Power factor’. State the condition under which it is maximum or minimum.
- What happens when a diamagnetic substance is placed in a varying magnetic field. How a permanent magnet and case of an electromagnet
can be decided?
- Describe principle, construction and working of Van-de Graff generator. How is the leakage of charge is mimised from the generator.
- Show that there will be loss of energy in case of joining of two charged capacitors by a conducting wire, What happens to this energy ?
- Show by graph low change q given to a capacitor varies with its potential difference from the graph or otherwise prove that the energy of a capacitor is ½cv2 .Calculate the energy density of the electrostatic field in a parallel plate capacitor.
- What is the principle of a capacitor ? Derive an epression for energy stored in a capacitor and hence find the energy density.
- What ares polar anda non-polar molecules? Give two examples of each type. What do you mean by polarization of the medium?
- Define polarization Show that it is numerically equal to induced surface density of charge. What is the relation between polarization vector and the resultant electric field in the dielectric?
- Describe briefly the observed electrical properties of the atmosphere from the ground level up to the stratosphere and the possible explanation.
- Define resistivity and conductivity of a material give their SI units and temperature dependence. What do you mean by specific resistance?
- Why is a potentiometer preferred our a voltmeter to measure emf of a cell? How can a galvanometer be converted into an ammeter of a voltmeter.
- What is the easiest method of charging a body? Explain quantisation of change and conservation of change. Why electrostatic is also called Frictional electricity?
- State principle of superposition and its importance calculate electrostatic force and a point charge due to different types of continuous charge distribution.
- What is meant by electric dipole and dipole moment? Show that is a uniform electric field a dipole experiences only a torque and no net force. Derive an expression for the torque.
- Define electric field intensity at a point and find its value at a point due to an electric pole when point is Axial or equatorial .
- Find an expression for the capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor when a dielectric slab of dielectric constant K and thickness t=d/2 but of same area as that of plates is inserted between the plates of the capacitor. (d=separation b/w plates)
- Apply Gauss’s theorem to find the electric field near a changed conductor.
- A thin conducting spherical shell of radius R has change Q spread uniformly over its surface. Using Gauss’s theorem derive an expression for the electric field at a point outside the shell. Draw a graph of electric field E(r) with distance r from the center of shell for 0≤ r ≤ ∞ .
- State and prove Gauss’s theorem is electrostatics.
- Show that the line integral of the electric field is zero a ong a closed path what does this result show?
- Explain an factors induced e.m.f. is a coil retating is a uniform magnetic field depends. Explain why there is sparking when an electric circuit is broken but not it is made.
- What do you understand by terms “average value” , “ r.m.s. value”, “virtual value” and maximum value of an alternating current. Find expression for them
- Equal charges q are situated at the four corners of a square of side a. How much charge should be placed at the centre of the square so that whole system is in equilibrium.
- Two 200 gram pith balls are suspended from a point through two strings of equal length 50 cm. When equal charges are given on the balls, they are repelled and gets separated by 4 cm estimate the charge on each ball.
- A charged spherical ball of mass is suspended through a string in a region of horizontal electric field E volts/m. The string makes an angle θ with the horizontal. Estimate the charge on the ball.
- Two charge q and -3q are placed fixed on X-axis at a separation ‘d’. Where should a third charge 2q be placed such that it will not experience any force. Also calculate potential energy of the system.
- The area of a coil is 500 cm2 and number of turns is 1000. It is placed is a magnetic field of induction 4X10-5 T .If it is turned by 1800 . Calculate the change is magnetic flux.
- Two inductors each of L=10mH, are connected in parallel but are well separated. Evaluate the effective inductance of configuration.
- The apparent dip is 25ᴼ in a plane making 30ᴼ with magnetic meridian. What is the real dip at that pace? (tan 250= 0.47)
- The current passing through a circuit is given by i=i0 e-t/Ԏ Determine the root mean square value in the interval t=0 and t=2 Ԏ
- The total energy in an L –c – circuit converts from electrical to magnetic in 2μS Calculates the frequency of L-c- oscillation
- The critical angle of prism is 300 with air .The angle of prism is 600 . Determine the range of angle of incidences for which emergent ray is obtained.
- The minimum angular magnification of an astronomical telescope is 10 X. The focal length of objective.
- When light of 5000 A0 wavelength falls on a metal surface, ejected photoelectron are found to have a maximum velocity of 6x 105 m/s Determine the work function in EV and threshold frequency for the surface if h=6.6×10-34 js.
- A monochromatic light of wave length 500 nm falls normally on the double slit of young ‘s double slit experiment with slit separation of 0.5 mm one slit is covered with non –absorbing glass plates of thickness 1.5 μm and refractive index 1.5, Determine
(i) Extra optical path introduced by the glass plate
(ii) Intensity at the center of the screen if the screen is at a distance of 1.0 m from slits
65. Obtain an expression for the capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor. The capacitors of capacitances C1, C2 and C3 are connected
(i) in series
(ii) in parallel Show that the energy stored in series combination is same as that in paralled combination.
66. Find the expression for changes in
(ii) Potential difference
(iv) Electric field
(v) Energy stored in case of filling of dielectric Completely between plates of the Charged capacitor (Parallel plate). What will happen to all these quantities if buttery remains connected with the capacitor while filling it with dielectric medium?
67. Is current density, a vector or scalar quantity? Deduce the relation between current density and potential difference across a current-
Carrying conductor of length ‘l’ area of cross-section ‘A’ and number density ‘n’ of force electrons. How does the current density vary with increase in .
(i) Potential gradient
(iv) Area of cross-sector (Assuming other factors x main constant in each case )
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the BSEB community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.