Organisation of Commerce and Management- Oct HSC 2014
Q1. A. Select the proper option from the options given below and rewrite the sentences:: (5)
- The maximum number of member is a private company are ___________
- The Principle of indemnity is not applicable to ____________
- life insurance
- marine insurance
- fire insurance.
- For online transaction __________ is required.
- To maintain industrial peace is the responsibility of business organisation towards ___________
- F.W. Taylor is called the father of _____________ management.
B. Match the correct pairs: 
|Group ‘A’||Group ‘B’|
|a. Common seal||1. Related with human factors|
|b. Bonded Warehouses||2. Located at railway station|
|c. B to C||3. Business to Business|
|d. Mumbai Grahak Panchayat||4. Joint Stock Company|
|e. Staffing||5. Political organisation|
|6. Business to consumer|
|7. Located within the ports|
|8. Partnership firm|
|9. Related with financial factor|
|10. Non – Government Organisation working for consumers.|
Answer: A – 4, B – 7, C – 6, D – 10, E – 1.
C. Write a word or a phrase or a term which can substitute each one of the following statements: 
- ‘One man shoe’ type of business organization.
Sole trading concern.
- A set of Principles of right conduct.
- A consumer dispute redressal agency that handles claims up to rupees twenty lakhs (Rs. 20,00,000)
- The principle of management which says ‘unity is strength’.
Principle of Esprit de corps
- A process where managers instruct, guide, and communicate with employees.
Directing function of Management.
Q2. Distinguish between the following (Any Three) 
- Private company and Public Company
- Water transport and Air transport.
- District forum and National commission.
- Organising and Staffing.
- Joint Hindu Family Firm and Sole Trading Concern.
Q3. Write short notes on Any Three of the following: 
- Disadvantage of e – business.
- Social responsibility of business organisations towards consumers.
- Techniques of scientific management.
- Importance of coordination.
- Functions of an entrepreneur.
Q4. State with reasons whether the following statements are True or False. (Any Three) 
- Planning has vital importance in the management process.
- Business ethics is not applicable to all business organisations.
- A Joint Stock Company can raise huge capital.
- The principle of indemnity is applicable to life insurance.
- Consumer Protection Act is a blessing for the consumers.
Q5. Attempt the following. (Any two) 
- State the types of cooperative societies.
- State the steps involved in online transactions.
- State the ways and means of consumer protection.
- Stat the importance of principles of management.
Q6. Define a Sole Trading Concern. Explain its merits and demerits. 
Define Bank. Explain different types of banks.