English– Important Question Bank for Tamil Nadu (TN + 2) HSC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC Tamil Nadu exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the English– Important Questions Bank for Tamil Nadu HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
English Sample Paper
1. Answer the following questions in a paragraph of about 100 words
- what do women want by the way of rights?
- comment on the message of the poem, ‘A psalm of life’
- why, according to Thomas Hardy, war is quaint and curious?
Q.2. Explain the following set of lines with reference to the context:
- You were the dawn and sunlight filled the spaces. Where Owls were hovering?
- To live unknown beyond the cherished circle with we can bless and aid
- And I thought of a the Albatross
And I wished he would came back…..
Q.3. Read the following sets of lines and answer the questions given in each set of lines
- Mention the figure of speech used here.(I) Like a golden swarm of fireflies you came.
- write down the words in alliteration
(II) It launched forth filament, filament out if itself
- what is the reference here?(III) Dust thou art, to Dust returnestWas not spoken of the soul
4. Read the following sets of poetic line and answer the question given below each of them
- what are women compared to here?
(I) As humble plants by country hedgegrows growing that treasure up the rain.
- What is speed compared to?
(II) O tongues of fire ! You came devouring Forests of nightshade, creepers that enmesh
- What does the soul signify?
(III) And you O my soul where you stand surrounded detached in measureless oceans of space.
- What did the poet do?
(IV) I shot him dead because
Because he was my foe.
- what is meant by mournful numbers?
(V) Tell me not in mournful numbers
Life is but an empty dream
- What is ‘Etna”?
(VI) On the day of Sicilian July with Etna Smoking.
5. Write an essay in about 250 words of the following:
- explain Gandhi was no advocate of blind adherence to tradition
- who was in charge of the plane carrying the bomb?
- Narrate the trekking experiences of Ahtushi Deshpande
6. Answer the following questions in a paragraph of about 100 words
- critically analyze the Funeral oration of Mark Antony.
- what does Johnson want to readers to remember regarding the English Dictionary?
- describe how Ganga ram’s superstitious practices lead to his death
7. Read the following passage and answer in your own words the questions given below :
Charles Dickens is one of the most famous of all English Writers. He was born on Feb 7, 1812, in a shabby little house in portsea, on the south coast of England. His father was an underpaid civilian clerk to the Navy, and the family was always poor, always in debt. Charles Dickens was taken out of school when he was 11, since there was on money to pay the fees. When his father went to prison not for repaying debts, the 12 year boy had to work in a factory. Working 12 hours a day, Charles Dickens earned a pound a week. The miseries and hardships of his childhood are described in his novel David Copperfield, whose early chapters are largely his own story.
i. when was Charles Dickens born?
ii. why did he discontinue his studies?
iii. how old was dickens when he went to work in a factory?
iv. how much did he earn a week?
v. which novel is a reflection of Dicken’s Childhood?
8. Identify the following sentences with the field in the list given below by understanding the word or words serving as the clue;
- Organic fertilizers have increased the product of the land
- the monitor plays the menu
- examination should evaluate all aspects of learning
- Vitamin – B3 controls the levels of Cholesterol
- the V-2 missile was an achievement in the history of rockets and missiles Fields ; (Space, Education, Health, Agriculture, Computer)
8. Transform the following as instructed
- Report the dialogue:
Lawyer : do you have sisters/
Client : No sir, we’re two brothers only.
Lawyer : then it has to be shared equally between you two
- if you should need my help again , jut give me a call[Begin the sentence with ‘should’]
- As Baba was sick, he could not attend the class[Rewrite as a compound sentence]
- He is rich. He is miser[Rewrite as a complex sentence]
- The hunter took his rifle. He shot the man-eater.[Transform the sentence into simple sentence]
9. Fill in the blanks of the following sentences:
- we —— obey the laws of our country.
[use a suitable modal verb]
2. she —– (get up) at 5 O’clock everyday
[use the given verb in suitable from]
3 . if I —— (be) a bird, I would fly
[use the correct tense form of the word given in bracket]
4. most of his friends—-he invited came to his birthday party.
[use relative pronoun]
5. this is the house— mala was born
[use relative pronoun]
6.They continued the match —– the rain
[use phrase / preposition]
7. children —-take care of their parents during their old age
8. frame a sentence of the pattern SVIODO
9. this novel was written by William Shakespeare.
[identify the passive voice]
10. he is poor— he is honest
[use a suitable link word]
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.