English – Important Questions Bank for Jammu and Kashmir (JKBOSE + 2) HSC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC JKBOSE Jammu and Kashmir exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the English – Important Questions Bank for Jammu and Kashmir JKBOSE HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
1.Read the following passages and answer the questions given at the end:
Mrigankoshekar Mukhopadhyay was a famous and popular writer. A club in Durgapur had invited him to a cultural function, in order to felicitate him. He could not get a reserved seat on the train, hence his departure by car. He had left for Durgapur quite early in the morning, soon after a cup of tea. He was now on his way back. He was not one to believe in superstitions, and certainly never consulted the calendar with astronomical information before travelling anywhere.
i. Who was Mrigankoshekar Mukhopadhyay ?
ii Where was he supposed to go and Why?
iii. Do you think Mrigankoshekar was a superstitious man? Why?
iv. How and when did he leave for his destination?
2.Read these lines and answer the following questions
What is this life, if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and care
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see , when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see in broad day light,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night
A poor life this, if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
Fill in the blank
i). The poet’s complaint is that we ———
ii). The poet wants to see the wonders of nature like ————— and ————
iii). The poet portrays busy life/ country side life in the above lines.
iv).Write two images used by the poet in the above lines.
v). He calls such an extremely busy life as ————–
3. Describe how did Jimmy’s friend prosper in life? How do you know?
4. Describe in your own words the character sketch of Shahmal.
5. Pick out the similes from the poem, “Sunrise”
6. Pick out similes form the lesson The Letter A Written by Christy Brown
7. Write down two instances of hyperbole in Box and Cox written by J.M.Morton
8. The Poem Once Upon a Time is a satire on modern life. Give two instances to show how the poet does it?
9. Identify the metaphor used in the poem Sunrise
10. What does the ‘pane of glass’ refer to? What is the poetic device used in this description?
11. Study the following clues carefully and expand them into an article of 200 to 250 words.
i) Global warming – Drastic climatic changes – A severe threat to the planet – Precautionary measures taken by different countries to fight the problem.
12. You are Mukul/ Mehnaz, the head boy/girl in Govt. Senior Secondary School, Kashmir. There is no proper cleanliness of rooms and toilets in school. Write an application to the principal requesting him/her to give his/her attention to the problem.
13. Read the following paragraph carefully and make notes, and also give it a title. Warning came too late or not at all last December. The count of dead and missing numbered 300,000 and millions more have lost homes and livelihoods in the wake of earthquake generated Tsunami that struck more than a dozen countries throughout the Indian Ocean.
14. Imagine you met your distant relative in Lal Chowk. Write a short dialogue on what was exchanged between you and him/her.
15. You plan to sell your car. Draft an advertisement within 60 to 80 words to be published in the local daily as classified column giving all necessary details of the car.
16. Write an email/SMS to your friend, expressing your helplessness for not visiting him/her in the hospital.
17. Imagine you were one of the students who attended the convocation at Agra university where Dr .C.V. Raman delivered his speech. Your decide to write an article about this meeting with Dr. Raman for the local newspaper. Write the article
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read : MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.