Chemistry – Important Question bank for Gujarat Board HSC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC Gujarat Board exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Chemistry – Important Questions Bank for Gujarat Board HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
- The +3 state of Cr is stable where as the +4 & +5 state of Cr are not stable
- Cr2O3 is paramagnetic, where as CrO3 is diamagnetic.
- Explain the re-activity of nitrogen
- State the inert gas elements do not form convalent and ionic compounds.
- Give information about the interstitial and Non-stoichiometric compounds of transition elements.
- Explain the geometry and magnetic properties of four and six co-ordinated complexes giving illustrations.
- Write the primary and secondary valencies of k3[Fe(OX)3]
- The value of magnetic moment of a compound of manganese is 4.90 BM than state the oxidation state & the electron configuration of Mn.
- The hybridization in complex K3[Fe(CN)6] is d 2sp3 and not sp3d2. Explain.
- Write a note on the allotropes of arsenic and antimony.
- Give electronic configuration of transition elements.
- Explain giving reasons :
(a) CuCl2 is paramagnetic while CuCl is diamagnetic
(b) Ti+4 is more stable than Ti+3 but Ti+4 ion does not exist.
13. ZnSO4 is colourless while NiSO4 is coloured.
14. Explain the geometry of ML6 complexes giving examples.
15. Explain importance of complexes.
16. Discuss the various oxidation states observed in transition elements with suitable examples.
17. How many maximum covalent bonds can P, As and Sb form ?
18. Write a note on nitrogen based fertilizer
19. Discuss the acetylation & alkylation of aniline.
20. How does hemoglobin supply oxygen to tissues ?
21. Give preparation of Urea.
22. Give the sources of He(g).
23. Give electronic configuration of Cu29 & Cr24
24. What does secondary valency indicate ?
25. Which orbitals will be utilized for the hybridization of complex [Fe(H2O)6]3+ ? Why ?
26. Explain : Confirmative test of primary aromatic amines based on azo coupling.
27. What are vitamins ? Give sources and uses of vitamin C.
28. Explain in detail about the role of Chloroform in human life. Disucuss Grignard reaction of aldehyde and ketones.
29. Write chemical equations for conversions. Also give the conditions of the reactions, names and structural formula of the main organic compounds. (There should be only two steps of each conversion)
i) ) Benzyl chloride from benzoic acid
11) Ethyl benzoate from toluene
iii) Propane from Iso-propyl alcohol
iv) Ethyl iodide from acetaldehyde.
30. On the basis of which principle can Nernst’s equations be derived ? (2) State (n + l) rule.
31. Why does a gaseous fuel burn much faster than a solid fuel ?
32. Compound A on heating with sodalime produced B, which on treatment with a mixture of conc. HNO3 and conc. H2SO4 produced compound C. On reduction with Ni catalyst at 6000 C compound C produced compound D. Give reaction scheme and identify the compound A, B, C & D from the chemical reactions.
33. Write a note on polyhalogen compounds
34. Give balanced equations of the following chemical reactions :
(a) The equation when potassium carbonate is reacted with nitric acid.
(b) Give the equation when potassium chlorate is treated with iodine
(c) The reaction when potassium hydroxide is reacted with nitricacid.
35. Sketch a cell in which the following reaction occurs Zn(S) + 2Ag+(aq) = Zn2+(aq) + 2Ag(S) Label different parts of the cell, write equations for oxidation and reduction reactions and indicate electrodes on which they occur.
36. What is meant by order of reaction ? Explain in detail on the basis of the following general equation n1A + n2B = n3C + n4D
37. Distinguish between covalent bond and coordinate covalent bond.
38. Write a note on gas electrodes
39. On exposure to air, yellow phosphorus ignites spontaneously. Why ?
40. Give the molecular formula of :
(a) nitrogen sesequioxide
(b) Sodium meta arsenide
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.