Chemistry – Important Question Bank for Gujarat Board (GSEB) HSC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC Gujarat Board exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Chemistry – Important Questions Bank for Gujarat Board HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
1 Define extensive properties with two examples.
2. Write the equations for solubility products of CaF2 and PbS
3. What is meant by entropy ?
4. Calculate the weight of CH3COOH in 500 ml of a solution of the acid which has pH = 3.8
5. The +3 state of Cr is stable where as the +4 & +5 state of Cr are not stable.
6. Cr2O3 is paramagnetic, where as CrO3 is diamagnetic
7. Explain the reactivity of nitrogen.
8. State the inert gas elements do not form convalent and ionic compounds.
9. Explain special characteristics of position of inert gases in the periodic table.
10. Explain the geometry and magnetic properties of four and six co-ordinated complexes giving illustrations.
11. Write balanced chemical equations for the following reactions :
(a) Reaction of potassium dichromate with nitrous acid in acidic medium
(b) Reaction of acidic ferrous sulphate with nitric acid
12. The ionization of the transition elements decreases as atomic number increases. Give reasons.
13. Explain :
(i) Bonding capacity of nitrogen group
(ii) Reactivity of the elements of nitrogen family
14. Write a short note on positive and negative oxidation states of transition elements.
15. State the main points of Werner’s theory.
16. Write short notes on complexes occurring in nature.
17. Discuss the magnetic properties of the M+2 ions of the elements of the first transition series.
18. Write electronic configuration of the elements of zero group.
19. Write the characteristics of nitrogen molecule. Explain chemical
20. Write the formula of the following complex –
(I) Hexaammine Cobalt
(II) and give the hybridisation of central metal ion in this complex.
21. Give preparation of Nitric acid. Also give two equations showing properties as oxidising agent.
22. Discuss oxyacids of Arsenic
23. Explain why K4[Fe(CN)6] is dimagnetic while [Fe(H2O)6]Cl3 is paramagnetic ?
24. Strength of Ligands and its order. Indicate the central metal atom, Ligands, co- ordination number and oxidation state of central metal atom in the complex; [Cr(H2O)2(NO2)2I2]
25. The oxidation states of the elements at the two ends of the transition elements series are lowest where as those for the elements in the centre are highest. Why ?
26. Write names, molecular formula and oxidation states of the different oxides of nitrogen.
27. What are interstitial compounds. Give information about stoichiometric & non-stoichiometric compounds of the transition elements and explain giving appropriate example.
28. Why is Nitrogen different from other elements of its group ?
29. How is black phosphorous prepared ? Give its characteristics.
30. Give the molecular formula of the substance obtained by the reduction of aqueous copper sulphate with sodium hypo-phosphide. Also indicate its colour.
31. Give preparation of arsenic acid, molecular formula and name its sodium salts.
32. Give equations in which nitrous acid acts as oxidising agent
33. Give name, formula, oxidation state, Basicity and structure of phosphorus acid.
34. Yellow phospherous has to be kept under water why ?
35. Why do metals form different types of compleres ?
36. Complete the reactions and balance.
(i) KI + HNO3
(ii) P4 + NaOH + H2O →
(iii) K2Cr2O7 + H2SO4 + HNO2 →
37. Explain the geomeiry and magnetic property of [Co(NH3)6]2+ by hybridization theory.
38. Give IUPAC names of
39. Magnetic moment value of an ion of iron is 5.92 B.M. Find the no. of unpaired electrons in it and give its electronic configuration.
40. What happens when nitrous acid is boiled in presence of air.
41. What are the methods to isolate inert gases from air.
42. Give names and fomulae of two complexes in which the oxidation state of Ni metal is zero.
43. Give the properties of transition elements which bear a direct relation with the oxidation state.
44. What is Vanadates ?
45. What is d-d transition ?
46. Give the structure of
(a) pyrophosphoric acid
(b) Pyrophosphorous acid.
47. Explain the electron configuration of Chromium and Copper. Write structural formula of the following.
i) Chloric acid
ii) Chlorine heptoxide
iii) Metaphosphorus acid
iv) Hypophosphorus acid
48. Give the oxidation number of the transition metal ions in the following complex compounds.
(ii) [Cr(NH3)4 CO3] NO3
49. Nitrogen molecule is very stable. Why ?
(1) Importance of Chlorophyll
(2)Inert gases occupy zero-group also known as VIIIth A group in periodic table
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.