Learn Question and answer of chemistry II from your mobile or desktop for free.
Chapter 8- d and f‐Block Elements
- What are d-block elements?
- Explain the position of d-block elements in the periodic table.
- State the general characteristics of transition elements or d-block elements.
- Explain the metallic characters of the d-block elements.
- Why are Cr, Mo and W hard metals while Zn, Cd and Hg are not very hard metals?
- Define ionization enthalpy. Explain the trends observed in the ionization enthalpies of the d-block elements.
- State the characteristics of interstitial compounds.
- What are f-block elements?
- Explain the meaning of inner transition series.
- What are lanthanoids? Explain the position of lanthanoids in the periodic table.
- Briefly explain why electronic configurations of lanthanoids are not known with certainty.