Biology – Important Questions Bank for Himachal Pradesh (HP) HSC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC Himachal Pradesh (HP) exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Biology – Important Questions Bank for Himachal Pradesh (HP) HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
1.What do you understand by acid rain ? What are its effects on the vegetation ?
2. Differentiate between spermatogenesis and oogenesis.
3. Describe an inducible operon with example and differentiate from repressible operon.
4. Define Mendal’s law of Independent assortment. Explain with suitable example.
5. Write the application of Recombinant DNA technology
6. What is biotechnology ? How does old biotechnology differs from modern biotechnology ?
7. Describe hot spots of biodiversity with species reference to India.
8. What is Atavisim also write the name of atleast four vestigeal organ present in human body.
9. Describe Darwin Theory of ‘Natural Selection’.
10. (a) Write expanded forms of :
(1) AMIS (2) CMIS (3) NACO
(b) List any four danger signals of Cancer.
(a) Name and explain briefly any three types of Cancer.
(b) Differentiate between antibodies and interferons.
11. (a) Recapitulation theory was proposed by
(1) Van Bear (2) Darwin
(3) Haeckel (4) Aristotle
(b) Draw labelled L.S. of angiospermic ovule
(c) What are Cry Protein ? Name the organism that produces them
12. What are biofertilzer, explain ?
13. Define :
(e) Proto co-operation
14. Write one example for each of the following :
(b) Viviparous plant
(c) Edothermic animals
(d) Ectothermic animals
15. What is biotechnology ? How does old biotechnology differs from modern biotechnology ?
16. What are Homologous organs ? Explain with examples.
17. What is aminocentesis ? What is its significance ?
18. What is gene therapy ?
19. Outline salient features of Carbon Cycle in nature
20. Microbes can be used to decrease the use of chemical fertilizer and pesticides ? Explain how this can be accomplished ?
21. Define the following terms :
(c) Genitically modified food
22. Outline salient features of Carbon Cycle in nature.
23. Explain principle and function of ELISA.
24. Briefly describe Predator food chain.
25. What are transgenic bacteria ? Illustrate using one example.
26. How is a sickle cell carrier at an advantage over the rest of human population in a malaria ridden area ?
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read : MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.