Biology– Important Questions Bank for Bihar Board BSEB 2016 Examination.
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the BSEB Bihar Board exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for BSEB Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Biology– Important Questions Bank for Bihar Board BSEB 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you BSEB students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
1.What do you mean by polyembryony ? Discuss.
2. Differentiate between the following:
- Oviparous and viviparous
- Unisexual and bisexual
- Homothallus and Heterothallus
3. Discuss the adaptations for cross pollination.
4. What is apomixes ? Discuss its importance.
5. Discuss the structure of monocot seed with diagrams.
6. Whar are dry indehiscent fruit? Give examples.
7. Discuss the adaptations for seed pollination.
8. What do you mean by tests cross and Back cross? Explain.
9. Differentiate between any three pairs of terms:
a. Heterozygous and Homozygous
b. Monohybrid and Dihybrid
c. Dominance and Recessive
d. Genotype and Phenotype
10. Explain linkage and crossing over with examples.
11. What are three types of RNA? Mention their role in protein synthesis.
12. Discuss the chromosome theory of inheritance?
13 . Diferentiate between Heterochromatin and Euchromatin.
14 . Explain the gene structure.
15. What is tissue culture and what are the advantages of tissue culture over traditional method of propagation.
16 . What is polyploidy ? Name the types of Polypooidy
17 . Explain the role of microbes in house hold food processing and industrial production. Or, What is sewage ? Discuss its treatment.
18.‘Biotechnology is a revolution of modern times ‘. Comment.
19. Justify the statement theat ‘Plasmid is the Boon to Biotechnology’ citing the example of human insulin production.
20. What are the processes involved in Recombinnant DNA technology?
21. What is Cry Protein ? Which organism produce it and how this protein is utilized through Biotechnology ?
22. What is micropropagation ? What are the processes involved in it.
23. What are transgenic animals ? Describe its benefits ?
24. Write short notes on the following
a. Golden rice
c. Transgenic animals
h. Acquired immunity
25. What are Monoclonal antibodies? What are its application ?
26. Give an account of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs).
27. Give the name of five antibiotics. Where are they obtained from?
28. What are positive and negative population interactions between organisms? Explain with an example.
29. Explain the following:
a. Notality rate
b. Mortality rate
c. Age distribution
d. Population growth rate
30. What is ecosystem ? Explain Biotic and Abiotic components of ecosystem.
31. What is Pedogenesis ? Explain.
32. Describe the structures of the male reproductive organs .
33. Study the following flow chart. Name the hormone(s) involved at each stage and explain their functions.
34. Draw a neat and well-labelled diagram of human placenta and enumerate its functions.
35. Mention the differences between spermatogenesis and Oogenesis.
36. Write a note on parturition and lactation.
37. What is reproductive health ? Mention some problems and strategies of reproductive health.
38. Describe various methods of birth control.
39. Explain the chromosomal theory of sex determination.
40. Explain Darwin’s principal of Natural selection .
41. Comment upon Morphological and Palaeontological evidences of organic evolution.
42. Explain adoptive radiation with examples.
43. Give an account of human evolution in brief.
44. Explain the phenomenon of Industrial melanism.
45. What are the main features of cancer-cell explain ?
46. Give a brief account of Apiculture in India.
47. Discuss about different aspects of AIDS.
48. Discribe the symptoms of Ascariasis and elephantiasis
49. What is species ? Describe the mechanism of origin of species.
50. Define ecological succession. Describe its different types.
51. What is biogeochemical cycle ? What are its types? Describe carbon cycle.
52. Describe a pond ecosystem with diagram.
53. What is global warming ? Write about the factors and effects of global warming. How it can be controlled ?
54. Define pollution. Explain briefly the main factors of air pollution and their effects.
55. What are solid wastes ? Classify it. Write a note on management of waste disposal
56. Describe briefly the main factors of water pollution and their effects.
57. Describe briefly the strategies of conservation of biodiversity.
58. Discribe various characteristics of population.
59. Give an account of different types of drugs and their effects.
60. Give an account of five types of viral diseases in man and their mode of transmission.
61. What are the measures for prevention and control of communicable diseases ?
62. Draw a neat : well labelled diagram of an antibody molecule
63. Explain in detail about the drug addiction and the withdrawal syndrom.
64. Explain diagramatically the life cycle of malaria parasite in man.
65. Discuss about the features of innate immunity. How is it different from acquired immunity ?
66. Give an account of five types of viral diseases in man and their mode of transmission.
67. What are the measures for prevention and control of communicable diseases ?
68. Define adaptation. Give an account of desort adaptations found in animals.
69. What is species ? Describe the mechanism of origin of species.
70. Describe the structure of an ecosystem.
71. Define ecological succession. Describe its different types.
72. Discuss about the different aspects of cattle farm management.
73. Discuss about the different types of fishes used in Indian fisheries and mention about the process of culturing of fish
74. Explain how the dominant epistasis modifies the classical ratio of 9:3:3:1 to 12:3:1?
75. Differentiate Epistasis and Hypostasis? Discribe the types of Epistasis.
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the BSEB community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.