Physics – Important Questions Bank for Himachal Pradesh (HP) HSC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC Himachal Pradesh (HP) exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Physics – Important Questions Bank for Himachal Pradesh (HP) HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
1 Define diamagnetic, give properties of paramagnetism and explain the domain theory of ferromagnetism.
2. Calculate electric field due to electric dipole at a point lying on its equatorial line.
3. Establish the Len’s Maker’s formula for convex lens stating the new Cartisian Sign Conventions used.
4. Define Diffraction of light and explain diffraction of light at single slit.
5. (a) Decode the following carbon-resistor having colour codes as, Black-Yellow – Green & Silver.
(b) Define Eddy currents.
(c) What is function of transducer in Communication System.
6. Define Drift velocity of electron in a conductor and establish relation between drift velocity and electric current
7. Show that EM waves are transverse in nature
8. What is modulation, why it is needed and how amplitude modulated wave is detected ?
9. Explain the working of transistor of Common-Emitter amplifier.
10. What is “AND” Gate, write its logic symbol, Boolean expression and truth table.
11. State and explain laws of radioactive decay and find expression for half life of radioactive substance.
12. Define Mean Value & R.M.S. value of AC and find expression for Mean Value of AC.
13. On the basis of Einstein’s photoelectric equation, explain the laws of photoelectric effect.
14. The work function of Cesium metal is 2.14 ev. when light of frequency 6×1014Hz is incident on the metal surface then find
(a) Maximum kinetic energy of the emitted electrons
(b) Stopping potential
15. Explain principle of reflection on the basis of Hygen’s Principle.
16. Differentiate Conductor, Insulator and semiconductor
17. Define and explain Brewster’s law.
18. Draw a labelled ray diagram of compound Microscope.
19. What do you mean by conservation of charge, give two examples.
20. Calculate the electrical capacitance of parallel plate capacitor.
21. Calculate the magnetic field due to current carrying straight solenoid.
22.State and explain the Faradays’ laws of electro-magnetic Induction.
23. For a particle executing S.H.M. which of the following statements holds good.
a) The potential energy of the particle remains constant.
b) The Kinetic energy of the particle remains constant.
c) The velocity is minimum at mean position.
d) The restoring force is maximum at the extreme position.
24. Discuss the velocity time graph when a body is moving with uniform velocity along a straight line.
25. Discuss the position time graph when a body is moving with uniformly accelerated motion along a straight line.
26. What do you understand by Banking of Roads? Why does water from a bucket not fall even when it is up side down while rotating in a vertical circle? A curved road of diameter 1800 m is banked so that no friction is required at a speed of 30 ms–1. What is the banking angle?
27. Derive an expression for the pressure exerted by a gas by following the assumption of the kinetic theory of gases.
28. Briefly discuss the formation of standing waves in open organ pipes. 3 x 10 = 30
29. Derive an expression for the equation of a parabola when a projectile is projected at an angle θ with the horizontal, also find its : x = 6 cos 3 t +
30. Give the two equivalent statements of second law of thermo dynamics.
31. Dimensionally derive an expression for the volume of liquid flowing per second ‘ν’ through a pipe, which may depend upon the radius ‘r’ pressure gradient (P/l) and coefficient of viscosity ‘η’ of the liquid.
32. Dimensionally derive an expression for the frequency ‘n’ of a vibrating string which may depend upon length ‘l’ of the string, Tension ‘T’ in the string and mass per unit length ‘m’ of the string.
34. Show that during freely falling body the total mechanical energy always remains conserved.
35. How will you distinguish between a hard boiled egg and a raw egg by spinning each on a table top?
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read : MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.