Geography – Important Question Bank for Kerala HSE 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSE Kerala Board exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSE Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Geography – Important Questions Bank for Kerala Board HSE 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSE students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
1. Anthropology is related to cultural geography. Then Psephology is related to which discipline?
2. There are three components of population change. Explain them and examine the influence of these components in the period of population explosion in India.
3. Adolescent population in India is posing many challenges to the society. List out the challenges.
4. Sometimes migration causes negative impacts to the source regions. Substantiate.
5. Human development index measures attainments in human development. While Human Poverty Index measures its shortfalls. Differentiate the two based on the indicators.
6. One among the following is considered as medieval town, trading town, transport town and also as a million plus city. Identify the town.
7. List the problems faced by your nearby urban settlement
8. Identify the one not related to pastoral nomadism
b. Permanent ranches
c. Movement in search of pastures
d. Primitive subsistence activity
9. Distinguish the two types of farming based on farming organization
10. Identify the crops shown in the given map and give an account of their distribution characteristics
11. There is a short duration summer cropping season in India.
i. Mention its name
ii. Which are the months during which the cultivation is done?
12. List out the factors demanding irrigation in a monsoon country like India
14. Classify the facts under the given heads
- High proportion of industrial workers
- Robotics in assembly line
- Smoke stack industries
- Professional workers
- Application of intensive research and development
- Based on heavy industries
15. Many products items are derived from crude petroleum, which provides raw materials for many new industries.
i. Give a single term for such industries.
ii. Name the sub-groups of the industry.
16. Information revolution presents a new situation called as ‘Digital Divide’. What do you understand from this term?
17. Check the given statement and make necessary correction. “Highest level of decision makers or policy makers performs Quaternary activities”.
18. Complete the table
19. India has trade relations with most of the countries.
i. Which country is the largest trading partner and the most important destination of India’s export?
ii. Differentiate bilateral and multilateral trade.
20. Indira Gandhi Canal Command Area has both positive and negative impacts. Substantiate
21. Identify the geo information and locate them in the given outline map of India
A.The largest urban agglomeration in India
B. An ancient town in Bihar with administration as the main function
C. The only state in India, where marriage migration law is different
D.Southern most industrial region in India
E. A port in the east coast developed to reduce congestion at Kolkata port.
22. List a few problems you may notice in a slum
23. Which among the following is most related to the concept of neo-determinism?
a. Environmental controls determine the activities of man
b. Human beings can conquer nature by obeying it.
c. Nature is getting humanised
d. Man gets naturalised by the dictates of nature
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSE community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.