Geography – Important Question Bank for Gujarat Board (GSEB) HSC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC Gujarat Board exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Geography – Important Questions Bank for Gujarat Board HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
- Describe the important functions of the world trade organization.
- What is human development index? How are countries classified on the basis of its ?
- Explain why high-tech industries are being attracted to the principal areas of major metropolitan centers ?
- Discuss the major problems of urban settlements of India.
- What do you understand by liberalization, privatization and globalization. Discuss its impacts on industrial development of India.
- What are non-conventional source of energy? Discuss its prospects in India.
- Distinguish between birth rate and death rate.
- Distinguish between push & pull factors of migration.
- Mention any two cultural activities responsible for water pollution in India.
- Name six factor which influence the climate of a place
11. Name three major parallel ranges of the Himalayas and state the height of each.
12. Explain three important physical factors responsibly for uneven distribution of population in India.
13. State four major basis for classification of field date giving one example in each case.
14. Compare and contrast the latitudinal location and natural vegetation of the Tundra region with those of the Hot Desert region
15. How does land use change with time? Give three examples.
16. What are ocean currents? Name three factors which influence the ocean currents.
17. How the small size of land holdings and degradation of cultivable land are the two major problems of Indian agriculture? Explain both these problems with examples.
18. “There is low yield per acre but high yield per person in the interior parts of semiarid lands of the mid latitudes in the world.” Support the statement with suitable examples.
19. Classify minerals into two groups on the basis of chemical and physical properties and give one example of mineral of each groups. Mention any two feature of the three mineral belts of India.
20. Explain any five major environmental problems related to urban settlements in developing countries.
21. Name the state of India having the highest density of population and also mention its density.
22. Which one of the following is a tertiary activity ?
(A) Agriculture (B) Pastoralist (C) Trading (D) Hunting
23. Describe briefly the important characteristics of the equatorial Lowlands region with reference to its location, climate, natural vegetation and animal life.
24. Name four types of soils found in Penninsular India. State four characteristics of the soil which is of volcanic origin.
25. Give two reasons for each of the following :
i. The hilly and mountainous terrain provide unfavorable conditions for laying railway line.
ii. Road transport is flexible, reliable and quick.
26. Name the four types of mountains based on their mode of formation, and also describe briefly any three economic benefits of mountains.
27. Describe briefly five major characteristic of traditional Agriculture in India.
28. Distinguish between land breeze and sea breeze. Give five distinctive features of each.
29. Which one of the Indian seaport provides port facilities to its land-locked neighboring countries? Name any one such country.
30. Mention any six advantages of Oceanic routes.
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.