HSC Board Exams are fast approaching and students are getting anxious about how to prepare for their HSC Board Exams. So we had mentioned some HSC Study Tips to help students in Cracking HSC Exams.
After the tremendous success of our last year Important Question Bank for Madhya Pradesh HSSC (HSC) Board Exam 2016 and Important Question Bank for Madhya Pradesh HSSC 12th (HSC) Board Exam 2017 we have also created a list of Most Important Question Bank for Madhya Pradesh HSSC 12th (HSC) Board Exam 2018 which are likely to appear in HSC Board Exams this year.
To unlock the content Click on any of 3 buttons available in the box below saying “This content is Locked”. Once you click on the button the content will get unlocked on same page itself. You must click on social media button showing in below box ie Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
1.One passage including questions:
Read the extract carefully and answer the questions that follow:
Unfortunately, the dramatic change in our relationship to the earth since the industrial revolution, especially in this century, is now causing profound damage to the global water system. The health of our
planet depends on our maintaining a complex balance of interrelated systems, so it’s not surprising that our alteration of the global atmosphere is changing the way water is transferred from the oceans to the
land and back again. Warmer temperatures speed up both evaporation and precipitation, accelerating the entire cycle.
a. What is causing damage to the global water system?
b. Give the noun form of the word – revolt.
c. Find the synonym of the word – imbalance.
d. Find out the word from the passage that has the same meaning as the words given below – ‘very great’.
e. Find synonym of the word – entire.
We live in a highly competitive age of science and technology and can no longer afford the luxury of mediocrity if we are to forge ahead. This rapidly changing nuclear age requires our youth to be
intellectually far more alert and competent than their predecessors, and therefore every young man and woman today studying in schools, colleges and universities must aim at academic ability of the highest
order. In a developing nation like ours, where large numbers are still unable to acquire even primary education, those undergoing higher education constitute privileged elite.
a. Find a word opposite in meaning to ‘Successors
b. Give the words from extract which have the same meanings? a) Being not good at something
b) People who have a lot of power .
c. What is the state of education in our country? Who are the ‘Privileged elite’
2. One passage including five questions:
Read the extract carefully and answer the questions that follow:
When first my casement is wide open thrown,
At dawn, my eyes delighted on its rest:
Sometimes, and most in winter- on its crest,
A gray baboon sits statue – like alone
Watching the sunrise; while on lower boughs,
His puny offspring leap about and play.
And far and near kokilas hail the day;
And to their pastures wend our sleepy cows.
a. What does the poetess see when she opens her casement at dawn?
b. Find out the words from the passage which have the same meanings as the words given below: (a) highest point of branches (b) a short-tailed monkey
c. Find the opposite of the word ‘sunset’ from the extract and write.
How soon hath time, the subtle thief of youth?
Stolen on his wing my three and twentieth year!
My hasting days fly on with full career,
But my late spring no bud or blossom sheweth.
a. Give the words from extract which have the same meanings?
a) Something not obvious.
b) Hurrying in
b. What has the thief stolen?
3. Questions to write answer in about 30 words each:
1. Describe how lamb used to move about in the garden of the great house?
2. What does autumn plan to do with the cottage trees?
3. What was Netaji’s proposal during the annual session of the Indian national congress?
4. What should the youth do to become intellectually competent?
5. Give the central idea of the poem ‘On His Being Arrived at the Age of Twenty three’.
6. Olga behaved with the beggar very badly, was his behaviors real? Justify your answer.
7. What light does the poem ‘My Father Travels’ throw on the decline of social value?
8. Why does the speaker not want the battle cry to be raised?
9. How does global warming affect the climate pattern?
10. What moral do you draw from the story? ‘The Beggar’?
11. Do you think it was unfortunate for mathilde to have married Loisel, Why?
12. Justify the statement that ‘Dream Children’ is a lyric in prose.
13. Discuss ‘The last ride together’ as a dramatic monologue.
14. What does the author say about ‘Umbrella Conscience’ ? Mention some of its chief characteristics.
4. Questions to write answer in about 75 to 100 words each:
1. On receiving the invitation to the ball, Mathilde wept, why?
2. What is the message of the verse, ‘Invocation’?
3. Who did grandmother field love the best among the lamb brothers and why?
4. The poet has achieved a bumper crop at the cost of considerable physical and mental exhaustion. Elaborate.
5. How can autumn be seen as a harvester?
6. Give a brief character sketch of Einstein.
7. How according to Dr. Karan Singh can the youth repay their debt to society.
8. Give the central idea of the poem ‘My Father Travels.
9. How would you rate Mathilde – as an ambitious woman or as an honest woman? Justify your answer.
10. What according to the poetess are the great curses of mortal existence?
11. What is the poet’s opinion about ‘over much beauty? Does he want his daughter to possess it?
Unit 2: (Grammar)
Do as directed on:
5. Preposition, Article, Change the sentence into indirect speech, Syllable division and structure, Phonetic transcription, Active to passive voice, Direct indirect speech, Tenses, Narrations, Rewrite using, Modals, American English variants of the British English sentence etc.
1. The teacher said to me, ‘Are you feeling well today?’ (Change into indirect speech)
2. Compulsory education has been introduced in our country. (Change the voice)
3. People living in glass houses should not throw stones at others. (Change the sentence into relative clause)
4. He will be cured. The doctor is hopeful. (Combine the sentences to make a noun clause)
5. The question was so difficult that no one could answer it. (use too ………. to in place of so ………. that and rewrite the sentence)
6. Unless you open the box, you cannot know what it contains. (use If in place of unless and rewrite the sentence)
7. Truthfulness is the greatest virtue. (Change into positive degree and rewrite)
8. Choose the correct syllable structure of the words from the given alternatives: 1. book ……………… [ ccvc, vc, cvcc, cvc ]
9. spin ……………… [ vc, cvcc, ccvc, cvc ]
10. air ……………… [ cv, cvc, v ]
11. How many syllables are there in the word ‘ear’? (a) one syllable (b) two syllables (c) three syllables
12. How many syllables are there in the word ‘study’? (a) one syllable (b) two syllables (c) three syllables.
13. Pick the odd one out : ear, mere, dare, pear
14. Give the correct syllable structure of the word – ‘book’ : cvc, ccvc, cvcc, vccv
15. How many syllables are there in the word ‘discipline’: one, two, three, four
16. Mark the stress the word ‘perfect’ as verb.
17. Give the American spelling of the word ‘encyclopaedia’.
18. Which word in American English is used for ‘Autumn’.
19. He told the doctor that his son ____________________(break) his leg. (Supply the correct past perfect tense of the verb given in the brackets)
20. Mohan wished that he ________________get a lottery. (Fill in the blank with may or might)
21. Good manners make character. (Change the voice)
22. The boy said, ‘I am a good student’. (Change into indirect speech)
23. The thief saw the police. He ran away (Join using no sooner than)
24. The Everest is the highest peak of the Himalaya (Change into positive degree )
25. Rewrite the following sentence by using ‘it’: Who broke the window is not clear.
26. Correct the sentence: I am not remembering what you said.
27. Change into present indefinite: He_____________(always, see) ghosts in the dark.
28. Select words from bracket and fill in the blanks :A _________is a man of ________________ (principle/principal)
29. Insert the correct preposition: You can hire a car_______________the airport (in/at/on)
30. Change the narration: Teacher said, ‘Man is mortal.’
31. Pick out the odd one out: food, foot, stool, suit
32. Choose the correct syllable structure of the word from the given alternatives. Phone – (ccv, ccc, cvc)
33. How many syllables are there in the word ‘study’? a) One b) Two c) Three
34. Form two new words by adding suitable prefix and suffix to the word : Certain ___ ___
35. Rewrite the given word in ‘American English’ Catalogue ______
36. Write the correct transcription :
a) School, /sku:1 , / /sksu1, / /skn1/
37. Pick the odd one out: cloth, north, south, breathe
38. Choose the correct syllable structure of the words from the given alternatives know – (cv, v, cvc)
39. How many syllables are there in the word Expert (a) one (b) two (c) three
40. Rewrite the given word in American English ‘Theatre’
41. Choose correct phonetic transcription of the word ‘girl’ (/ 93:1/ , /girl/, /93il/)
42. Fill in the blank with the suitable word:
Mother Teresa won many international______________(awards/rewards)
43. The students did their homework in time (change into interrogative)
44. Multi-National Companies are providing employment to lakhs of people every year. (change the voice)
45. He works hard to pass in the examination (Rewrite the sentence using ‘so that’)
46. As soon as he had seated himself he was called for his breakfast.(use no sooner……………………………than and rewrite)
47. ‘Read the questions twice,’ said the teacher, ‘and don’t write in the margin.’ (Change the narration)
48. She is riding a bicycle. The paddle of the bicycle is broken. (Combine the above pair of sentences using a relative clause)
Unit 3: (Fiction)
6. Questions to write answer in about 120 to 150 words each:
1. Write about the four persons who were Swami’s friends?
2. Why did Mani go to the school clerk’s house? Do you approve of his behavior?
3. On the basis of what you have read, write the character. Sketch of Swaminathan?
4. Describe in your own words the activities that took place in Swaminathan’s house at the night when his new brother arrived?
5. What were the reasons of animosity between Mani and Rajam?
6. Why did Mani go to the school clerks’s house? Dou you approve of his behaviour? Give arguments in support of your answer?
7. Questions to write answer in about 30 words each:
1. How did Rajam bring about reconciliation between his fighting friends?
2. Describe Swaminathan ‘s feeling when his friends called him tail and stopped talking to him?
3. What did the Headmaster ask the students to do during the vacation?
4. How Mani and Rajam, did instead of fighting, become friends?
5. Who challenged Mani’s authority? How was the fight ended?
6. What were Swaminathans’ friends doing when he left the examination hall?
7. Write about Sankar’s Qualities as a student?
8. Why did Swaminathan lie about the length of the answer of the last question about the moral of the story?
9. What change did Swaminathan observe in his father’s behaviour towards him before the examination?
10. Why did Swaminathan go to the infant standards? What did he find children doing their?
Unit 4: (Drama)
8. Questions to write answer in about 120 words each:
1. Justify the title of the play ‘The Silver Box’?
2. The play is an attack on the hypocracy of the British higher class’ Discuss?
3. Write a critical appreciation of the play ‘The Silver Box’?
4. What short comings of the British Judicial System emerge out of the play?
9. Questions to write answer in about 30 words each:
1. Write a note on the dramatic significance of the unknown lady episode?
2. What does Jones want to do with the money he has got? What does he want to do in his future life?
3. What transpires between Roper and the Mr. Barthwick?
4. Describe the meeting between the unknown lady and Mr. Barthwick. What is the outcome of this meeting?
5. What is the dramatic significance of the conversation between Mrs. Jones and her husband?
6. Give an account of the way the silver box was recovered from the residence of Jones?
7. Write in your own words the proceedings of the case of the two little girls in the court?
8. Do you feel that Mrs. Jones attempts to defend her husband during the interview with Mr. Barthwick?
9. What transpires between Roper and Mr. Barthwick?
10. What does Jones want to do with the money he has got? What does he want to do in his future life?
Unit 5: (Reading Unseen)
10. One unseen passage including five questions?
11. Another question on unseen poem?
Unit 6: (Essay)
12. Write an essay on any one of the topic in 250 words:
a. Plant more trees – go green.
b. Patriotism and the youth.
c. Qualities required achieving success.
d. Literacy- a necessity.
e. Computer that changed our life.
f. My ambition in life.
g. Importance of games.
h. A visit to a hill station.
i. My daily routine.
j. Increasing population.
k. Any burning problem.
l. Science and Human Happiness.
m. India of my dreams.
n. Importance of Newspaper.
o. Science – A Boon or a Curse
p. Population Explosion
q. Choice Profession
r. Your Hobby
s. An interesting match which you witnessed.
13. Report, article , letter or application:
Report and notes:
1. There have been reports about children increasingly watching television as a result of the spurt in the number of channels, which are available at the press of a button. This has resulted in a drop in their academic performance. Also their physical development is not up to the required level. You are Raj/Rina, student of class XII. Write a report for your school magazine on the ILL EFFECTS OF WATCHING TOO MUCH TELEVSION.
2. You are Abraham John, the secretary of your school’s science club. A science exhibition is being organized in your school. Write a notice for the school notice board inviting projects and models from the students. Also encourage them to volunteer their services in managing the event. The exhibition is to be held on 28 th February.
Smt. R. Chhahira
Govt. Padma G.H.S.S.
3. You are Sunil Agarwal studying in class XII in govt. Excellence H.S.S. Barnagar(Ujjain). You
have lost your blazer at the playground on the annual sports day. Write a notice on the
school notice board.
1. You are Geeta Patel a student of Class XII, you are not happy to read the news of bride-burning case in the city of Indore. Write an article on the ‘evil of dowry system.
2. Write an article for your school newsletter on the positives as well as negative aspects of using cell phones.
1. You are Mahendra Saindhav, residing at 16, Nayapura, Narsinghpur. Write a letter to the editor of free press, Indore about the frequent break downs of electricity in your city.
2. You are Shruti/Shravan of Model School, Bhopal. You read the following advertisement in the newspaper about ‘help the aged’. Write a letter saying that you along with your group of NSS Students would like to help the aged. Ask the programmes and the king of services you and your schoolmater can provide.
Hi, we’re trying to collate and gather the data and would be updating it here a few days before the exam. Please keep on visiting our website for updates.
Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
Don’t forget to read : MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.