Chemistry – Important Question Bank for (PSEB) Punjab HSC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSC Punjab board exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSC Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Chemistry – Important Questions Bank for Punjab board HSC 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
- K2PtCl6 is a well known compound where a corresponding Ni Compound is not known? Why are the ionisation energies of 5d transition elements greater than those of 3d & 4d elements.
2. Give IUPAC Name of K3 [ Co (C2O4)3]. Why [Cr(NH3)6] 3 + is paramagnetic while [Ni(CN)4] 2 – is diamagnetic? Explain.
3. Why do d & f block elements show variable oxidation state? Why do they show magnetic behaviour? Explain it with the example of Mn(25) and Cu(29)
4. What is Lanthanoid contraction? Give consequences of Lanthanoid contraction with suitable example.
5. Explain Mutarotation with example. How will you differentiate between reducing & Non reducing sugars?
6. Explain dehydrogenation of primary & secondary alcohols
7. Differentiate between oil & fats. Give their uses .
8. Explain addition polymerization and condensation polymerization with suitable.
(a) How will you prepare aniline from Nitrobenzene
(b) why do amines dissolve in mineral acids
10. Differentiate between Nucleosides & Nucleotides.
11. Why aliphatic amines are stronger bases than aromatic amines? why do primary amines have higher boiling point than tertiary amines?
12. Describe the following with one example in each case
- Anti fertility drugs
13. Describe the following terms
(ii) Genetic code
14. Describe Aldol condensation. Aldehydes are more reactive than ketones. why?
15. Give reason for the higher boiling point of ethanol in comparison to methoxy methane.
16. Explain with reaction oxidation of primary & secondary alcohols.
17. Compare the acidic strength of phenol & carboxylic acid.
18. Benzaldehyde is less reactive than acetaldehyde towards nucleophilic addition reaction. Why?
19. How will you distinguish between phenol & Ethanol.
20. Why is carbon nitrogen bond length in aromatic amines shorter than in aliphatic amines?
21. Discuss between formic acid & Acetic acid
22. What are disaccharides? Give an example & write chemical formulas
23. Give preparation and one use of Teflon.
24. Explain Saponification with example
25. Define isoelectric point of L-amino acids.
26. Convert Benzene to Benzoic acid.
27. Name the disease caused by deficiency of Vitamin B1.
28. Define Harmonies with example.
30. Define Molality
31. What is Doping?
32. What are Ferromagnetic Substances?
33. What is Inert pair effect?
34. Complete the following reaction
35. C6H6 + RCOCl[ anhydrous]
[ AlCl3 ]
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.