HSC Board Exams are fast approaching and students are getting anxious about how to prepare for their HSC Board Exams. So we had mentioned some HSC Study Tips to help students in Cracking HSC Exams.
After the tremendous success of our last year Important Questions Bank for Bihar Class 12 Intermediate (HSC) Board Exam 2016, we have also created a list of Most Important Questions Bank for Bihar Class 12 Intermediate (HSC) Board Exam 2017 which are likely to appear in HSC Board Exams this year.
To unlock the content Click on any of 3 buttons available in the box below saying “This content is Locked”. Once you click on the button the content will get unlocked on same page itself. You must click on social media button showing in below box ie Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Hi, we’re trying to collate and gather the data and would be updating it here a few days before the exam. Please keep on visiting our website for updates.
Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
Bihar Chemistry question paper
- What is a Semiconductor ? Describe the two main types of Semiconductors and explain the mechanism for their conduction.
- Aluminium crystal allies in a cubic close packed structure. Radius of the atom in the metal is 125 pm.
(i) What is the length of the side of the unit cell
(ii) How many unit cells are there in 1cm3 aluminum
- If the radius of the octahedral void is r and the radius of the atoms in the close packing is R, derive relationship between r and R
- How would you account for the following ?
(i) Frenkel defects are not found in alkali metal halides.
(ii) Schottky defects lower the density of related solids.
(iii) Impurity doped silicon is a semiconductor.
- Vapor pressure of Chloroform (CHCL3) and dichloromethane (CH2CL2) at 298k are 200mm Hg and 415mm Hg respectively.
(i) Calculate the vapor pressure of the solution prepared by mixing 25.5g of CHCL3 and 40g of CH2CL2 at 298k.
(ii) Calculate the mole fraction of each Component in vapor phase.
- 19.5g of CH3FCOOH is dissolved in 500g of water. The depression in the freezing point observed is 1.0˚C. Calculate the van’t Hoff factor and Dissociation constant of fluoroacetic acid. Kf for water is 1.86k kg mol-1?
- What is osmotic pressure? Determine the osmotic pressure of a solution prepared by dissolving 25mg of K2SO4 in 2 liters of water at 25˚C, assuming that it is completely dissociated
- Explain the term ideal and non-ideal solute in liquid solution. Draw graphs for illustration.
- Three electrolytic cells A, B and C containing electrolytes ZnSO4, AgNO3 and CuSO4 respectively were connected in series. A steady current of 1.50 ampere were passed through them until 1.45g of Ag were deposited at the Cathode of cell B. How long did the current flow? What mass of copper and zinc were deposited?
- The following Chemical reaction is occurring in an electrochemical cell
Mg (S) + 2 Ag + (0.0001M) Mg2 + (0.10M) + 2Ag (S)
The E˚ electrode Valves are
Mg2 / Mg = – 2.36 V and Ag+ / Ag = 0.81V
For this cell Calculate
(a) (i) E˚ value for the electrode 2 Ag+ / 2 Ag
(ii) Standard cell potential E˚ cell
(b) Cell potential (E cell)
(c) (i) Symbolic representation of the above cell.
(ii) Will the above cell reaction be spontaneous.
- What is Gibbs free energy? What is the relationship between Gibbs free energy of the cell reaction in a galvanic cell and the emf of the cell. When will the maximum work be obtained from a galvanic cell.
- What are the applications of adsorption in Chemical analysis?
- Discuss the effect of pressure and temperature on the adsorption of gases on solid.
- What are micelles? How do they differ from ordinary colloidal particles? Give two example of micell forming substance.
- Taking two examples of heterogeneously catalyzed reaction, explain how a heterogeneous catalyst helps in the reaction.
- State Raoult’s Law for a solution. How does Raoult’s law became a special case of Henry’s law ?
- What is meant by the term “concentration of the ore”? Describe the various methods used for this purpose.
- .Describe the principle of extraction of each of the following:
(i) Cu from CuFeS2 (ii) Zn from ZnO (iii) Fe from Fe2O3
- Explain the following :
(a) Carbon reduction process is not applied for reducing alumina to aluminum.
(b) Aqueous solution of Sodium chloride cannot be used for isolation of solution by electrolysis.
(c) Graphite is used as anode and not diamond.
(d) Magnesium oxide is often used as the lining in steel making furnaces.
- Explain, with proper reason, why nitrogen is a gas while other members of group-15 are solids
- Give complete reaction between 2-chloropropane & KOHalc on warming.
- What happens when – Sodium ethanoate is heated with soda-lime.
- Give complete reaction between on warming 2-chlorobutane with alcoholic KOH.
- Name the reactant to obtain Propan-2-ol from CH3MgI.
- Name the reactant to obtain 2-Methyl Propan-2-ol from CH3MgBr
- What happens when methanol & conc. H2SO4 (1:1) are heated at 373 K?
- Give complete reaction when ethanol and conc. H2SO4 (1:2) are heated at (433 K-443 K).
- Complete the reaction When C2H5OH & conc. H2SO4 (1:1) are first heated at 373 K & then hydrolyzed?
- Give the reaction When vapor of – Butanol is passed over Cu at 573 K
- Complete the reaction when vapour of –
2-methyl-butan-2-ol is passed through red hot Cu-tube?
- Give the reaction only to prepare Aspirin from Salicylic Acid.
- Complete the reaction when ethanamine is treated with (NaNO2 & dil HCl).
- What happens when benzenediazonium salt is heated with H3O+?
- What happens when Benzene daizonium chloride is reduced?
- What happens when ethanamine is treated with ethanoic anhydride?
- Give only two important points to differentiate sn1 and sn2 reaction
- Explain Aromaticity
- Explain why Cl-Gr is –I effecting in alkyl chloride whereas the same Cl-Gr is +I effecting in Chlorobenzene?
- Outline the synthesis of Picric Acid startin from phenol
- How Bakelite is synthesized?
Don’t forget to read : MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.