C.A Chartered Accountant
Chartered accountants work in all fields of business and finance, including audit, taxation, financial and general management. In India, chartered accountants are regulated by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) which was established by Chartered Accountants Act, 1949. Associate members of the ICAI are entitled to add the prefix ‘CA’ to their names. Members who are in full-time practice, and have completed five years of practice, can add ‘FCA’ as a prefix to their names
Eligibility to be C.A
It takes the 5 years to complete the CA course. By the year 2006, the ICAI has launched the three level of this course.
- After your class Xth , you can register for the Common Proficiency Test .
- After the completion of 12th standard, students can take the admission in the CA programme through the CPT (Common Proficiency Test).
- The students with the commerce or science or arts background can get the admission in CA course. Students should have the knowledge of the computer as the all account work done with the help of a computer.
- After passing the group 1st, the students have to undergo the on-job training period of 3 years called “articleship” with an audit or accounts firm.
Three level of this course
CPT (Common Proficiency Test)
The CPT is the entry-level foundation course involves the quantitative aptitude test, general economics, mercantile laws and accounting.
IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course)
The IPCC has two groups. It covers the working knowledge of the core subjects. It is specially designed to improve the knowledge of accounting standards.
FC (Final Course)
The CA final course covers the advanced knowledge of financial reporting, management accounting, strategic financial management, professional ethics, information systems control and advanced auditing.
Colleges for C.A
- Deshbhakt Ratnappa Kumbhar College of Commerce, Kolhapur
- ETEN CA, Delhi
- Coimbatore Branch of S.I.R.C. of I.C.A.I.
- Loyola College Tamil Nadu
- Mar Ivanious College Thiruvanathapuram
- Aaaradhya Financial School for Excellence, Hyderabad
- Academy Of Commerce New Delhi-
- SAPL Education, Bhubaneswar
- Mumbai Branch of W.I.R.C of I.C.A.I
- Pearl CA College, Kochi
- Arihant Institute Pvt. Ltd, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute Of Business Management & Studies, Bangalore
- Auditing Firms
- Portfolio Management Companies
- Investment Houses
- Stock Brooking Firms
- Legal firms
- Patent Firms
- Trade Mark
- Tax Laws
- Business Laws
- Financial Management
- Business Communication
- Corporate Laws
The average Salary of the CA profile is around Rs. 3-6 lakh per annum for fresher, depends the employment firms. It is one of the high paying job. A chartered accountant commands the respect in the society and organization.
The starting salaries are not much handsome but after the completion of course and having five-year experience, the candidate can get the Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month.