Biology (section I) – Important Questions Bank for Meghalaya Board (MBOSE) HSSLC 2016 Examination
We had mentioned some tips for cracking the HSSLC Meghalaya Board (MBOSE) exam here: HSC Study Tips to Crack HSC Exams.
We had also shared Important Questions Bank for HSSLC Meghalaya Board (MBOSE) Examination 2016 and students have really appreciated it and showered us with love last year.
Today, we are posting the Biology (Section I Botany) – Important Questions Bank for HSSLC Meghalaya Board (MBOSE) 2016 Examination to make life easy for all you HSSLC students.
Without making you wait any further, please find the questions below:
Group—A consists of 4 questions (Nos. 1– 4) of 1 mark each and is multiple-choice type.
Group—B consists of 4 questions (Nos. 5–8) of 1 mark each, very short-answer type, to be answered in 1 sentence each.
Group—C consists of 3 questions (Nos. 9–11) of 3 marks each, with one alternative from the same Unit, short-answer type–I, to be answered in 20–30 words each.
Group—D consists of 2 questions (Nos. 12 and 13) of 4 marks each, with one alternative from the same Unit, short-answer type–II, to be answered in 30–40 words each.
Group—E consists of 2 questions (Nos. 14 and 15) of 5 marks each, with one alternative for each question, long-answer type, to be answered in 70–80 words each.
Q.1. Choose and write the correct answer for the following :
- A type of reproduction where fusion of gamates occurs is called
(a) sexual reproduction
(b) asexual reproduction
(c) vegetative reproduction
2. In incomplete dominance, the phenotypic ratio for F2 generation is
(a) 3 : 1
(b) 1 : 2 : 1
(c) 9 : 7
(d) 9 : 3 : 3 : 1
3. The microbe responsible for converting milk into curd is
4. Define parthenocarpy.
5. What are Okazaki fragments?
6. Define biofortification.
7. What is Bt cotton?
8. What is totipotency?
9. Define community.
10. Define biotechnology.
11. Define incomplete dominance.
12. What is a callus?
13. Define biopatent.
14. Write the ecological adaptations of xerophytes.
15. Write a note on symbiosis.
16. Write a note on multiple alleles.
17. Write a note on mutation.
18. Describe briefly the role of microbes in the production of biogas.
19. Explain food chain with suitable diagram.
20. Write a note on incomplete dominance.
21. Describe different types of cross pollination in plants.
22. What are genetically modified organisms? Explain its significance.
23. Describe the process of fertilization in angiosperm.
24. Explain complementary genes with examples.
25. Explain briefly the application of biotechnology in agriculture.
26. Describe the mechanism of DNA replication.
27. Explain the chromosome theory of inheritance.
28. Explain different types of ecological adaptation in hydrophytes.
29. Explain energy flow in an ecosystem with suitable diagrams.
30. Explain Lac operon with suitable diagram.
31. Distinguish between food chain and food web.
32. Explain briefly the biotic components of an ecosystem.
33. What is population? Describe any four characteristics of a population.
34. Explain the chromosome theory of inheritance.
35. Describe the positive interactions amongst different species.
Let’s try to make this a two way exercise. While we gather the question banks, you might have some inputs on this too! Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSSLC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
You must share this link on your social media of Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Don’t forget to read: MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.