Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery. B.H.M.S. The course focuses on the alternative medical system of homeopathy. ‘Homeo’ means similar and ‘pathy’ means disease. Founded by a German physician Samuel Hahnemann.
Homeopathy Doctor Requirements
The basic requirement for any person interested in studying homeopathy is a passion for alternative forms of healing. In homeopathy, what a person says is often vital for determining the correct remedy. Therefore, it requires careful observation. On an average, the homeopath is required to spend at least an hour with every patient during the first sitting. Symptoms such as fever, diarrhoea and vomiting have to be observed and tabulated. Also mental symptoms like fear, anger and love are taken into account. To do this, you have to be on a one-to-one basis with your patient.
- Intermediate Science (10+2) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English subjects or equivalent.
- It is a 5½ years long undergraduate course. 4½ years are dedicated towards academic program. After completing the academic program, one must also go through 1 year internship. Thus, in total, the course takes 5½ years to complete.
Homeopathic Medicine Syllabus:
In 1st BHMS, student shall study the fundamental principles of Homeopathy and will also learn more of applied anatomy than a multitude of minor anatomical details.
In IInd BHMS, a student shall be exposed to very vital concepts of susceptibility and symptomatically with Analysis-Evaluation and details of the Homeopathic concepts, old logic of Homeopathy. These will attain much deeper significance (if care is taken by teachers of pathology and Organon-Philosophy) when the current knowledge of Inflammation, immunity, is correlated well with concepts of susceptibility.
In IIIrd BHMS, there is opportunity to fortify the foundation at the best by correlating between Theory of Chronic Diseases and the Patho-Physiological facts on the Gynecology, Surgery and Medicine. A student shall have to be taught the spectrum of various diseases in correlation with the spectrum of miasmatic manifestations. He will then be able to use a well concluded evaluation order of Characteristics to derive an operationally valid reportorial Totality.
- Homeopathic Pharmacy
- Homeopathic Material Medica
- Organon of Medicine
- Principles of Homeopathic Philosophy
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Homeopathic Therapeutics
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Community Medicine
- Each theory paper shall be of three hours duration. The Practical/oral examination shall be completed immediately after the theory Examination.
- There shall be two examinations in a year. One Regular examination and another Supplementary, The supplementary examination may be conducted within 6 months of the Regular examination.
- No student shall be permitted to join para-clinical/clinical group of subjects until he has passed in all the pre clinical subjects of First BHMS for which he will be permitted not more than four chances including the original examination.
- Attendance: 75% attendance in a subject for appearing in the examination is compulsory. The examining body may relax this on exceptional circumstances on individual merit.
Post Graduate Courses
- MD in Homeopathy- Materia Medica
- MD in Homeopathy- Homeopathic Philosophy
- MD in Homeopathy- Repertory
- MD in Homeopathy- Pediatrics
- MD in Homeopathy- Organon of Medicine
- MD in Homeopathy- Pharmacy
- MD in Homeopathy- Psychiatry
Homeopathy colleges in Maharashtra:
- Ahmednagar Homeopathic Medical College, Ahmednagar
- Anantrao Kanse Homeopathic Medical College, Pune
- Antarbharti Homeopathic Medical College (Dabha), Nagpur
- Baliraja Shikshan Prasarak Mandal’s Padmashri Shyamraoji
- Kadam Homeopathic Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, New Nanded
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Homeopathic Medical College, Pune
- Chamundamata Homeopathic College, Jalgaon
- Dakshin Kesari Muni Mishrilalji Homeopathic Medical College, Aurangabad
- Dhanvantari Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital & Research Centre, Nashik
- Dhondumama Sathe Homeopathic Medical College,, Pune
- Disha Education & Vikas Kendra Homeopathic Medical College, Kolhapur
- Disha Shikshan-V-Vikas Kendra’s E.B. Gadkari Homeopathic Medical College, Kolhapur
- Dr. J. J. Magdum Trust’s Homeopathic Medical College, Jaysingpur
- Dr. M.L. Dhawale Memorial Homeopathic Institute, Thane
- Dr.D.Y.Patil Homeopathic Medical College, Pune
- Foster Development Homeopathic Medical College, Aurangabad
- Gandhi Natha Rangaji Homeopathic Medical College, Solapur
- Godawri Foundation Dr. Ulhas Patil Homeopathic Medical College, Jalgaon
- Gondia Homeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Gondia
- Gulabrao Patil Homeopathic Medical College, Miraj
B.H.M.S. Employment Areas:
- Charitable Institutions.
- Homeopathic Medicine Store.
- Medical Colleges.
- Research Institutes.
- State Dispensaries.
- Training Institutes.
- Government hospitals
- Private hospitals/clinics
- Insurance companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Research labs and bodies
B.H.M.S. Jobs Opportunity:
- Homeopathic Doctor.
- Public Health Specialists.
- Private Practice.
- Homeopathic Consultant
- Junior Lecturer (teaching job)
- Scientist/Research professional
- Pharmacist (Homeopathic Medicine)
- Marketing specialist (Pharmaceutical Industry/Independent marketing)
- Insurance Officer (Insurance sector)
- Quality control Officer (Pharmaceutical Industry)