HSC Board Exams are fast approaching and students are getting anxious about how to prepare for their HSC Board Exams. So we had mentioned some HSC Study Tips to help students in Cracking HSC Exams.
After the tremendous success of our last year Important Questions Bank for Bihar Class 12 Intermediate (HSC) Board Exam 2016 and 2017 we have also created a list of Most Important Questions Bank for Bihar Class 12 Intermediate (HSC) Board Exam 2018 which are likely to appear in HSC Board Exams this year.
To unlock the content Click on any of 3 buttons available in the box below saying “This content is Locked”. Once you click on the button the content will get unlocked on same page itself. You must click on social media button showing in below box ie Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to unlock the content.
Hi, we’re trying to collate and gather the data and would be updating it here a few days before the exam. Please keep on visiting our website for updates.
Please use the comments box below and post questions that you think are important from your analysis. It would help the HSC community a lot.
Do subscribe to our updates so that you do not miss out on any important information that we push your way.
Bihar Chemistry question paper:
1. What is Gibbs free energy? What is the relationship between Gibbs free energy of the cell reaction in a galvanic cell and the emf of the cell. When will the maximum work be obtained from a galvanic cell.
2.A solution is obtained by mixing 300g of 25% solution and 400 g of 40 % solution by mass. Calculate the mass percent of resulting solution.
3. If the radius of the octahedral void is r and the radius of the atoms in the close packing is R, derive relationship between r and R
4. Describe the method chromatography ?
5. How would you account for the following?
(i) Frenkel defects are not found in alkali metal halides.
(ii) Schottky defects lower the density of related solids.
(iii) Impurity doped silicon is a semiconductor.
6. What is a Semiconductor? Describe the two main types of Semiconductors and explain the mechanism for their conduction.
7. How Bakelite is synthesized.
8. What happens when methanol & conc. H 2 SO 4 (1:1) are heated at 373 K.
9. Distinguish between methyl amine and ethyl amine.
10. Explain the term ideal and non-ideal solute in liquid solution. Draw graphs for illustration.
11. 19.5g of CH 3 FCOOH is dissolved in 500g of water. The depression in the freezing point observed is 1.0˚C. Calculate the van’t Hoff factor and Dissociation constant of fluoroacetic acid. K f for water is 1.86k kg mol -1 ?
12. What is halogenations ? Give the halogenations of Acetophenone.
13. Three electrolytic cells A, B and C containing electrolytes ZnSO 4 , AgNO 3 and CuSO 4 respectively were connected in series. A steady current of 1.50 ampere were passed through them until 1.45g of Ag were deposited at the Cathode of cell B. How long did the current flow? What mass of copper and zinc were deposited?
14. Taking two examples of heterogeneously catalyzed reaction, explain how a heterogeneous catalyst helps in the reaction.
15. State Raoult’s Law for a solution. How does Raoult’s law became a special case of Henry’s law ?
16. Addition of 0.643g of a compound to 50ml of benzene (density = 0.879 ) lowers the freezing point from c to c. if Kf for benzene is 5.12 , calculate the mol.mass of the compound.
17. What happens when benzenediazonium salt is heated with H3O + ?
18. Complete the reaction When C2H5OH & conc. H2SO4 (1:1) are first heated at 373 K & then hydrolyzed?
19. Draw the diagram of Splitting of d orbital’s in an octahedral Crystal field. b. Write the 2 main points of crystal field theory.
20. Give complete reaction between 2-chloropropane & KOH alc on warming.
21. What is osmotic pressure? Determine the osmotic pressure of a solution prepared by dissolving 25mg of K 2 SO 4 in 2 liters of water at 25˚C, assuming that it is completely dissociated.
22. What happens when – Sodium ethanoate is heated with soda-lime.
23.Discuss the effect of pressure and temperature on the adsorption of gases on solid.
24. Give complete reaction between on warming 2-chlorobutane with alcoholic KOH.
25. Name the reactant to obtain Propan-2- ol from CH 3 MgI.
26.What is a Semiconductor ? Describe the two main types of Semiconductors and explain the mechanism for their conduction.
27. Name the reactant to obtain 2-Methyl Propan-2- ol from CH 3 MgBr
28.What are the applications of adsorption in Chemical analysis?
29. Give complete reaction when ethanol and conc. H 2 SO 4 (1:2) are heated at (433 K-443 K).
30.What is the distance between Na+ and in NaCl. Crystal if the density is 2.165 ? Nacl crystallizes in fcc lattic.
31. Give the reaction only to prepare Aspirin from Salicylic Acid.
32. State and explain Freundlich adsorption isotherm.
33. What happens when Benzene daizonium chloride is reduced?
34. Explain, with proper reason, why nitrogen is a gas while other members of group-15 are solid.
35. What are micelles? How do they differ from ordinary colloidal particles? Give two examples of micelle forming substance.
36. What happens when ethanamine is treated with ethanoic anhydride?
37. Give only two important points to differentiate sn 1 and sn 2 reaction
38. What are enzymes ? suggest some common properties of enzymes ?
39. Explain Aromaticity.
40. Phosphorus doped with silicon is a semi conductor. Explain
41. What is meant by the term “concentration of the ore”? Describe the various methods used for this purpose.
42. Explain why Cl-Gr is –I effecting in alkyl chloride whereas the same Cl-Gr is +I effecting in Chlorobenzene?
43. Complete the reaction when vapour of – 2-methyl- butan-2- ol is passed through red hot Cu-tube?
44. Outline the synthesis of Picric Acid startin from phenol.
45. Give the reaction When vapor of – Butanol is passed over Cu at 573 .
46. What do you mean by Molarity ? How it is affected by Temperature .
47. Complete the reaction when ethanamine is treated with (NaNO 2 & dil HCl).
48.Aluminium crystal allies in a cubic close packed structure. Radius of the atom in the metal is 125 pm.
(i) What is the length of the side of the unit cell
(ii) How many unit cells are there in 1cm3 aluminum
49.If the radius of the octahedral void is r and the radius of the atoms in the close packing is R, derive relationship between r and R
50.What are the applications of adsorption in Chemical analysis?
51.Discuss the effect of pressure and temperature on the adsorption of gases on solid.
Don’t forget to read : MUST REMEMBER THINGS on the day of Exam for HSC Students
Best of luck for your exams. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.